Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Nov 13, 2018 11:41 PM

recordings not showing in my list

I have the Genie and having issues with my shows not showing up

The List is never fully complete

I record whole series and one day I see them then I do not 

Help?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

Right.  Lots of posts here about this bug in the Genie software.  It's actually been around for several  months now.  Way too long!

At any rate, there are some workarounds that you can use to find the "missing" recordings ....

• Reset your Genie DVR using the red button near the access card.  That will bring them back, at least for a while.
  • Find them via the Genie's "Record History" menu
  • Change the List sort order by pressing "0" on your remote

Fortunately a fix is being beta tested now and will hopefully roll out soon. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

2 years ago

And blame the new software because the old software (devolved by the old and original DTV)  never had the problems.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

Sure it did it took them over a year to get all the bugs out when it came out 7 years ago.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

It's pretty frustrating. We have had this problems for months!! 

dab2525

Mentor

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

I've worked in software for many many years.

1. I've designed and resolved MUCH more complicated algorithms in weeks, not 4 or more months. We do entire releases in 4 months for million dollar products. There is CLEARLY a staffing issue with their software engineers.
  2. We test code before we ship it. Then we test it some more. Finally, we test it some more. CLEARLY, there was inadequate testing when this bug was induced into the field. This is an obvious, frequently occurring issue. Directv really treated their customers poorly by releasing this bug.
  3. There have been times when none of the workarounds work. Only after I delete some recordings, will the missing one reappear.
  4. All customers with this Genie deserve compensation. A free month of all premiums with AUTOMATIC CANCELING (without spending 15 minutes on the phone) would be an adequate gesture.
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.6K Messages

2 years ago

You are speaking to the converted here. I have 40+ years in software development and have never seen such a screwed up process. But I'm not running this development so I can't help. 

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

And now it is happening with my Genie dvr so in two years, AT&T has not bothered with a solution.  They were crappy phone providers, then lousy dsl providers and have ruined DirecTV as well.

Get started...

Ask a new question