Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jul 5, 2018 5:13 PM

Recordings Disappeared from Playlist

Went into watch previous recordings in my playlist and a lot of the recordings that are always there are just gone. Some very old recordings are there, but newer recordings have totally disappeared.  What is the fix??

Responses

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I agree. Services that are paid fir should be provided, or not paid for. It’s as simple as that.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks, that’s an option I will consider.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We have been using the same boxes since summer 2016. Shows that we have recorded are now disappearing from the main genie. I will see all of them through the list, watch a show, go back to the list and then some of them have disappeared (and may still be on the lists of the mini genies we have in the house). I have reset the main genie many times, it will work properly for a day or two, then shows will start disappearing. I don't want to sit on the phone forever... Do I need a new genie?

Thanks for the help 🙂

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

No, you don't need a new Genie.  It's a bug in the latest Genie software.  Should be fixed in the next update.

In the mean time, rather than resetting, try changing the sort order (press 0).  You can also view those "missing" recordings by selecting them from the History Menu.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

We do not have any VOD and it is happening to us.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Duplicate...sorry!

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@irenejd wrote:

We do not have any VOD and it is happening to us.

This bug doesn't care if the recordings are regular satellite channels or VOD.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

"Did you read this whole thread?" It's happening regularly - whatever bug fix you refer to isn't fixing anything. Just yesterday my recorded programs (some not all) disappeared then magically appeared again. Between weather related drop outs and missing programs and tech many of us are spending more time on "bugs" than relaxing and watching our recorded shows. 

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

"it's a bug in Whole Home and has been fixed in the latest release." When was the latest release - issue still occurring?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

You are right, WorldVoyager.  It happened again yesterday to us.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@WorldVoyager wrote:

"it's a bug in Whole Home and has been fixed in the latest release." When was the latest release - issue still occurring?

The next release is still being beta tested.  No idea when it will ship.  

jrpotts

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

Yes, this issue is still occurring and I reboot the DVR every morning to no real avail.  AT&T really should be addressing this issue.  This is amazingly unacceptable.  When will we see a true fix???

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Same here. Obviously a large issue.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

My DVR is an HR44/500. The Software version is 0x1088, 6/27 5:34A.

Based on the dates of the other comments for this topic, AT&T/DirecTV has known about I fweeks. That demonstrates 2 things. I was brought up in enterprise data centers. Never once did we push code that could not be immediately removed and replaced with the last stable version. This situation the incompetence of AT&T/DirecTV engineers in letting the code remain. The item is the greed of AT&T executives. They are in breach of their contract with Users.  I'm not a sports

fan so I do little live viewing. I playback taped shows later, so I can avoid the commercials. Therefore, the bulk of my usage  is with recordings. I estimate that 80% of my daily DirecTV costs since 6/14 should be credited to my account because of AT&T/DirecTV's denial of service.  They are in breach of the contract. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@jrpotts wrote:

Yes, this issue is still occurring and I reboot the DVR every morning to no real avail.  AT&T really should be addressing this issue.  This is amazingly unacceptable.  When will we see a true fix???

You don't need to reset the Genie every morning. You can select and view those "missing" recordings from the Genie's History Menu.  Also, simply changing the sort order (press "0") will bring them back, at least for a while.  

No idea when the next software will roll out.  Usually updates happen every 2-3 months.

Get started...

Ask a new question