Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jul 5, 2018 5:13 PM

Recordings Disappeared from Playlist

Went into watch previous recordings in my playlist and a lot of the recordings that are always there are just gone. Some very old recordings are there, but newer recordings have totally disappeared.  What is the fix??

Responses

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

2 years ago

I hear this has been fixed in the latest beta software under test so you should be getting this soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
macsterguy

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

2 years ago

I can't believe they actually pushed out this GARBAGE update out with it's TERRIBLE user interface that BREAKS the DVR from keeping your recordings without having to continuously RESET the GEINIE over and over again... This has been going on for over a month EVEN though I have never been late with a payment since 1999. My payments total over $20,000 since I signed up... Thats just one customer... I am EXACTLY the kind of customer that you would think they want to KEEP!!! But NO, what do they do? PUSH OUT a UN-TESTED GARBAGE update that ruins the USER INTERFACE and DELETES RECORDINGS on our LIVING ROOM TV.... BUT WAIT... Now you can take it with you on your phone, tablets... I DON'T CARE... FIX MY TV FIRST!!! --- I KNEW THIS IS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF AT&T EVEN SO MUCH AS TOUCHED DIRECTV... NOW, LET ME TELL YOU HOW I REALLY FEEL!!!!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

So why isn’t it being fixed??? We reset DVR per another’s suggestion and it worked somewhat.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

my recorded shows have disappeared from my dvr

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

If you have a Genie DVR with the latest software, then they're not really gone.  There's a bug in this latest version.  Changing the sort order (Press "0") will probably bring them back.  Resetting the DVR will also, at least for a while.  Of you can select them via the DVR's History Menu.  This bug should be fixed in the next update.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

@rlinchalfant wrote:
So why isn’t it being fixed??? We reset DVR per another’s suggestion and it worked somewhat.

It should be fixed in the next update.  Changing the Sort Order (press "0") should also bring them back.  Or view them from the Genie's "History" menu.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Mine reappear and disappear randomly

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Nmac2108 wrote:

Mine reappear and disappear randomly

Yep. That's the symptom of this bug. Should be fixed in next update.  You can still see and play those "missing" recordings from the DVR's History Menu.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Shows are disappearing and then reappearing. Frustrated.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Did not work for me....their gone, restart didn't help either.

jrpotts

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

​AT&T needs to give us an estimated time for a fix to this problem. It has
been weeks. I ran an IT shop and I find this very unacceptable.​
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

@jrpotts wrote:
​AT&T needs to give us an estimated time for a fix to this problem. It has
been weeks. I ran an IT shop and I find this very unacceptable.​

They won't give any time estimates.  But the software being beta tested now seems to have fixed this problem.  It could take several weeks for the next update to roll out nationally. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

@saspears wrote:

Did not work for me....their gone, restart didn't help either.

Then your problem is different.  Most likely your DVR's hard drive is dying.  Call DirecTV to request a replacement.  It's free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan, otherwise $20 for shipping.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

@Ladytisme wrote:

Shows are disappearing and then reappearing. Frustrated.

Yeah, it's a bug in the latest Genie software. Should be fixed in the next update.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I understand that ACEs are not DirecTV employees, but when the answer to a common issue is "Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release", how do we put pressure on DirecTV to fix the issue? Are they even aware that the issue exists? My wife insists our bill should be reduced until the problem is fixed. We're paying for a service and part of it is missing.