Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jul 5, 2018 5:13 PM

Recordings Disappeared from Playlist

Went into watch previous recordings in my playlist and a lot of the recordings that are always there are just gone. Some very old recordings are there, but newer recordings have totally disappeared.  What is the fix??

Responses

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

2 years ago

They are probably still there. there was a bug which caused Whole Home not to work so you couldn't see episodes recorded on a different DVR, It has been fixed in the latest release.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

Doesn't make sense why the recorded programs were showing on the bedroom genie list and not on my main room where DVR is located. Also, if Directv can somehow retrieve the missing shows why can't it's subscribers?

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

2 years ago

They are not missing. As I posted, it's a bug in Whole Home and has been fixed in the latest release.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

@WorldVoyager wrote:

Doesn't make sense why the recorded programs were showing on the bedroom genie list and not on my main room where DVR is located. Also, if Directv can somehow retrieve the missing shows why can't it's subscribers?

Did you read this whole thread?  It's a bug. The recordings are actually still on your DVR.  There's a bug with the List displaying properly.  Should be fixed in the next update.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
tas3086a

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

2 years ago

I guess it depends upon what your definition of missing is. In my case some shows that are recorded on my main genie, are not in the listing on that same genie when the LIST button on the remote is pressed. If you then press the 0 key on the remote to go to alphabetical listing, the programs that were not displayed are now available. So in my case, pressing list will not allow me to play some previously recorded programs unless, 0 is pressed and then the program listing becomes available.
I call it missing, or not displayed. In either case it is recorded but not always available for selection, which drives my grandkids crazy as they go not understand why their favorite shows are not there.
I talked with tech support and they agree that my problem is different from the one you reported, but also said that they may be related as the symptoms are the same, and the fact that restarting clears the problem for a few hours.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the exact same problem.   The recordings are not in the list but they are there.  We can tell by the percentage of available storage.     Once I sorted my list to alphabetical, all shows were listed again.   Not a permanent solution but a great work around for now.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Does this mean it should be fixed? My shows are still missing on my main home receiver...

jrpotts

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

​I agree that the shows - show up - if you resort, but not always. They
really need to fix this issue permanently. I hope they give us an
estimated time of repair and status on this.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

have  a genie that is about 5 years old. 

no error messages 

all our "good shows" e.g. the last 4 episoids of madame secretary have disappeared!!! not very happy. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

a genie that is about 5 years old.  no error messages. nothing changed, just was gone one day.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

2 years ago

ve more than one DVR?  there's a known bug in Whole Home that is causing this.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

2 years ago

It's a bug. Change the playlist order to be alphabetical and thew show will probably reappear.

CarlaMc

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I’m glad to know that it’s just a software glitch. They all showed up the next time I turned on my TV. But have since disappeared and reappeared several times. I hope they get it fixed soon! It’s pretty frustrating! 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Reordering doesn't work for me. It displays different shows but not all shows, not even close.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Ours has been doing this about once a day for a few days now. Every time I’ve had to unplug. So far this has worked. I am getting tired of unplugging and waiting for it to reload. However I am thankful that it has worked. If there is a permanent fix that would be awesome.