Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jul 5, 2018 5:13 PM

Recordings Disappeared from Playlist

Went into watch previous recordings in my playlist and a lot of the recordings that are always there are just gone. Some very old recordings are there, but newer recordings have totally disappeared.  What is the fix??

Responses

CarlaMc

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I just went to my Playlist and over half of my recorded shows have disappeared! I looked at the history and a few show as ‘canceled’ (which I did not do), while others aren’t even showing up there at all. I am a single person household so there is no one else here that might have done it. Has anyone else experienced this?! I’ve tried to be very careful about not deleting an entire series after having made that mistake more than once with the disappointingly disastrous “improvements” made recently. (Don’t get me started... I absolutely hate the new, confusing format but that’s another matter entirely.)  I assume there is no way to retrieve the now missing shows? I’d recorded quite a few movies that I’d not even watched yet! 

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

2 years ago

There's a bug with whole home that causes that. Hopfully will be fixed soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
CarlaMc

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

That’s frustrating! Thank you! 

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I turned on dvr cartoons for my kids this afternoon. All of our programs were there. 6 hours later, only 1/3 of the shows were on the list. I restarted the dvr. Everything appeared again. We watched 1 show and went back to the list. Different titles and quantity of shows were not listed.  The % of memory available remained the same. I can't restart it every single time I want to watch a show on the dvr.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue. Noticed 3 or 4 times on my main genie receiver where about 1/3 of my shows are showing in my recorded playlist. 3 other mini genies in the house show the entire playlist. A simple reboot on the main genie makes them pop back up. Why is this happening?

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

That's how I got them back but as soon as I watched a show, it happened again. Very disappointed after years with them. This new interface has been a nightmare for us!

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

It's a bug with the latest Genie software.  Hopefully will be fixed in next update.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

After playing around a bit, I found a work around. If you use menu button and select recordings, they are all there. It's too long if a process to restart everybtime. I'm glad this worked for me!

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

Just happened to me. I went on to my list items and wanted to watch a few programs that I had recorded and they are gone. I have 44% free and all the other shows are on the list. They were all set to keep, just like the shows that are still there. What's odd is that the programs are showing on my list items in the genie in the bedroom? Another issue was during a recent rain storm shows recorded but when played back they started ten minutes into the program and ended 20 minutes before the end. This is mainly happening on FOX NEWS CHANNEL (FNC) and FOX BUSINESS (FBN). What is going on DirecTV???

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@WorldVoyager wrote:

Just happened to me. I went on to my list items and wanted to watch a few programs that I had recorded and they are gone. I have 44% free and all the other shows are on the list. They were all set to keep, just like the shows that are still there. What's odd is that the programs are showing on my list items in the genie in the bedroom? Another issue was during a recent rain storm shows recorded but when played back they started ten minutes into the program and ended 20 minutes before the end. This is mainly happening on FOX NEWS CHANNEL (FNC) and FOX BUSINESS (FBN). What is going on DirecTV???

Please read the previous posts in this thread.  It's a  known bug in the latest Genie software.  Should be fixed in the next update.

tas3086a

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

2 years ago

litzdog911; re: your comment : Please read the previous posts in this thread.  It's a  known bug in the latest Genie software.  Should be fixed in the next update.

I just talked with support.  There is a known problem, but it is for recorded shows on the genie not showing up on remote hrxx machines.  They know nothing about NOT SEEING listed shows on the genie that were recorded on the same genie.  I told them that pressing 0 to change the sort options to alpha made the shows appear.  I also noted that there are times that the sort only shows a few a and b items and nothing more.  They opened up a Higher level ticket, and stated that this was good information, and may help isolate both problems relating to missing programs. (luckily I was connected to a upper level tech that was knowledgeable and was concerned. 

So I guess it is still important to report problems with all of the symptoms that you see.   A simple missing piece of information can make the problem determination much easier.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@tas3086a wrote:

litzdog911; re: your comment : Please read the previous posts in this thread.  It's a  known bug in the latest Genie software.  Should be fixed in the next update.

I just talked with support.  There is a known problem, but it is for recorded shows on the genie not showing up on remote hrxx machines.  They know nothing about NOT SEEING listed shows on the genie that were recorded on the same genie.  I told them that pressing 0 to change the sort options to alpha made the shows appear.  I also noted that there are times that the sort only shows a few a and b items and nothing more.  They opened up a Higher level ticket, and stated that this was good information, and may help isolate both problems relating to missing programs. (luckily I was connected to a upper level tech that was knowledgeable and was concerned. 

So I guess it is still important to report problems with all of the symptoms that you see.   A simple missing piece of information can make the problem determination much easier.

yeah, that's nothing new.  We often find out about new bugs before the official support folks.  If only those support folks spent a bit of time in their own forums.

tas3086a

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

2 years ago

Better yet ..... It would be wonderful if support folks had Directv equipment at home so they really understood what callers are talking about, and not hunting for a solution or symptom on a terminal screen. If they saw the same problem at home, they would communicate it better to someone. ..... I hope !
Hopefully they will fix the problem.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

Update: And miraculously, with no reset, my recorded shows on FNC suddenly reappeared? What the heck? Read my previous post.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

Also, all 6 parts of a WWII Documentary "APOCALYPSE: THE SECOND WORLD WAR" recorded from Smithsonian, and some other programs were deleted from my recorded list items. All programs were set to "KEEP" until I delete.

Get started...

Ask a new question