Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
K

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jan 25, 2021 2:50 AM

Recording on Channels not in my plan

I have series recordings that have been set for a couple of years. Now with the new HD channels (not in my plan) my series are only recording on those channels and not my local channels, even though the setting says all channels. When looking at upcoming airings the record icon is only on the channels that are not part of my plan.

Why would the system revert or even be allowed to record shows on channels that are not on my plan?

What is the fix and why did this happen?

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

22.1K Messages

a month ago

There is a known problem with CBS and ABC recording on their DNS channels around 390 is that what you mean?  If so the only fix is to set up manual recording.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Yes this is what I mean.  The DNS channels are not in my plan so why would my series options just automatically change to record on a channel I do not have?

I changed it manually and went back to look at it and it reverted back to the DNS channel. This is very frustrating!

Guess I will keep attempting the manual change. Maybe it will stick at some point.

Thanks.

Get started...

Ask a new question