Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Jul 20, 2018 7:20 PM

Recording fails because of TiVo Plus Service Feature?

I tried to record the 5AM showing of the Tour De France Wednesday on NBCS 220 like I have for the first ten stages. 

The show was NOT recorded and got a "The program was not recorded because it was scheduled with a TiVo Plus service feature.  To upgrade to TiVo Plus please go to DIRECTV Central and choose "How to upgrade to TiVo Plus service". 

The is no DIRECTV Central when I log in, there is no "How to upgrade to TiVo Plus" menu item, and any searches for these keywords returns nothing.

I have not changed how I schedule my recordings, but now I can not record because of a new service "feature" I was never told about?

Fix it.

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2 years ago

DTV and TiVO haven't worked together in a few years and the TiVo Plus only works with cable providers not with DTV satellite.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

This answer makes no sense in the context of the original question.

As mentioned in the original post, the TiVo recording was working just fine with DTV until Wednesday.   

It has been recording just fine for years.  I have not changed anything on the receiver in that time.  Is is a unit that came from DTV.

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

2 years ago

Iirc,  directv central is a button on the tivo remote,  not 100% sure on that though,  I never had a tivo but used to do tech support for directv.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

This really isn't an "operator error" problem, but a DTV problem. 
Something changed Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.  Software update on the DTV box?  Change of account management criteria on the DTV server end?  Only DTV knows, and they are the only one that can affect a fix.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2 years ago

Do you have a THR22?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

According to My Equipment details it is an HDVR2

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Over one week later and still no useful answer.  Thanks for nothing AT&T/DTV.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

2 years ago

@dtvmarty wrote:

Over one week later and still no useful answer.  Thanks for nothing AT&T/DTV.

I suspect you won't get much help with your HDVR2 issues.  That old Tivo is long discontinued and will no longer be supported after April 2019 when the SD services are discontinued.  Time to get an upgrade. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2 years ago

DTV should be sending you an email about their offer to upgrade you to HD.  Those Tivo receivers haven't been updated in years so no an update didn't cause this unless Tivo changed something on their end.