Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jan 19, 2020 3:47 AM

Receivers

I currently have a HR54-700 and a C61-200 and 2 of the C61-500 connected to it. Can I add any more to it or do I have to get another main receiver? If I were to get the HDDVR could I connect any of the other C41-700's I have to it as I have 3 of those from previous use.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

4 weeks ago

Genie (HR34, HR44, HR54) is a 5 tuner HDDVR (with 1TB hard drive). It keeps 2 tuners to itself for Picture in Picture (PiP). As such 3 Clients is the max that can be in use at one time. So with 3 Mini Genie Clients (C61), you are at the max Clients that can be in use at one time.

If you are adding a 5th TV, it would be best to get a regular HDDVR (latest model HR24). It has 2 tuners and 500GB recording space. Though works independently, it still shares the recording list with the others. There is no monthly cost difference as it is $7 for the additional TV regardless if Client, HDDVR, or HD non-DVR. If you don't have a free upgrade the one-time lease cost of a HDDVR is $199. And of course it is a 24 month agreement for the upgrade regardless if free or not.

Those C41s from previous use should have been returned upon being deactivated as only the original Client (C31) has been non-returnable. Since DirecTV went to a lease only model years ago, the new account system we have been migrated to within the last year no longer allows reactivation of boxes. So once deactivated boxes are returned, or if old enough they are recycled instead.

Oh, and if you didn't already know, only 1 Genie may be on the account as multiple servers fought against each other in testing. So you can have multiple regular HDDVRs, just only 1 main Genie. And don't get the Genie-2 (HS17) as it forbids everything but Clients, which restricts your flexibility and hard caps the system on tuners.

(edited)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

If I ever wanted to add any more would I be able to connect them to the HDDVR or would I have to look into something else?
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

Only Genies are built for Clients, so you cannot connect any to a regular HDDVR. So your option is for the 5th TV is an HDDVR, or HD non-DVR. The HDDVR would be the best option as you get the needed tuners, additional recording space, and don't have to worry about it going down if ever the Genie does (Clients go down with the Genie as cannot work by themselves).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
goldw1800

ACE - Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

4 weeks ago

You can Add a HDDVR or you can change out one of your C61 - for a HDDVR --The genie you have will only support 3 -c61. You canot add anymore c61 the genie will not support it.

Call D* `(Phone number hidden) and get started

(edited)

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

You can have up to 8 mini clients connected to the HR54 but as stated only 3 can be in use at the same time.