Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
B

• 

1 Message

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 5:27 PM

Receiver/DVR turning off by itself and rebooting at the same times each day.

My primary receiver is freezing up and then resetting itself at the same times throughout the day.  0750, 1150, 1450, 2050 (EST) and then sometime over night also.  Some days it is at each of these times, some days it's only one or two of these times, but it is every day.  After a long argument with "tech support" a new receiver was sent out.  Both have done the same thing so it's obviously not the receivers and the dish at my home as well as the direct line running into the home were checked out ok.  I'm thinking something in the satellite receiving portion on ATT end?  At the very least this is way too much money to be spending to lose my service numerous times daily.  Especially if you're trying to watch something and/or record something and you keep losing the last 10 minutes of every show!

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

a month ago

Could be a A/C power problem to the receiver, you can try a UPS battery backup.  If there was a problem with the up link to the sats all DTV customers would have this problem and signal problems generally  don't cause the receiver to reboot. 

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question