Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
50stephank's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Mar 23, 2017 3:47 AM

Closed

RC73 Remote does not convert to RF

My remotes will not convert from IR to RF. I followed the menu instructions, reset the receiver, called technical support, and received new remotes from tech support. Yet all of fthis has yielded nothing.

Was there a software update that changed everything? I really don't like paying for services that don't work.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I struggled more than I care to admit with this... the answer was SO obvious it's embarrassing. I didn't see the "Enter" button (below the 9 on the keypad), and I assumed the "Select" button offered the same functionality, which is not the case. Make sure you are pressing "Mute" and "Enter", not "Mute" and "Select"...

Gerry143

Former Employee

• 

36 Messages

4 years ago

First, we need to make sure that the remote is getting power. Press and hold number 1 and there should be a green light on top of the RC73 remote.

Second, make sure receiver is responding by pressing the power blue button the left hand side.

Third, point the remote to the receiver (make sure receiver and tv are turned on). While pointing the remote to the receiver, press and hold the "mute" icon button (beside "vol" button) and the "enter" button (found below number 9) at the same time for at least 5 seconds. You should be able to see a message on the tv screen saying, "Applying IR/RF setup... "After that, a message will appear shortly, "Your remote is now setup for RF..."

Now, you may wanna control the volume/power of your tv. Press Menu > Settings and Help > Settings > Remote Control > Program remote > Program TV/Change TV > Sometimes, it asks for the brand of your tv, just use the search box and look for the brand if your tv, e.g. Samsung. Just select "I dont know my model, once it asks for the model of your tv. It will also give you a bunch of codes, so try the codes that will work. A code is working if you are able to adjust the volume plus of the Directv remote.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.5K Messages

4 years ago

What model DVR/Receiver do you have?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have been trying all the suggestions and nothing is working. Even ordered new directv remote 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Ok big time thankx!! You hsve no idea how many program settings this and that i went thru!!! Shotgun was next!!!! Awe-ite then appreciate it. Finally can push the done in blue for the last time on volume issue.... And i thought tuning my makuni's was tuff... J.N.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

My problem is that my TV is not displaying “Applying IR/RF Setup”.. I do the mute and enter and the remote blinks several times, but nothing pops up on my tv and I can’t seem to do anything when the remote is blinking like this.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

17.1K Messages

a month ago

what receiver do you have?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

We figured it out. They gave us new remotes (genie) but the receivers aren’t genie so that’s why it wasn’t working correctly. Thank you for the quick response!

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

17.1K Messages

a month ago

The new remotes will work in RF with any Genie except the HR34. Older RF -capable remotes will work with any of the older receivers that will accept RF.

What receivers do you have?

Get started...

Ask a new question