Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
RainerH's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Oct 30, 2016 1:34 PM

RC73 Genie Remote Factory Reset

My RC73 remote does not communicate with my DirectTV box (holding Mute and Select to let it pair). Is there a "factory reset" code I can punch into the remote? Secondly, what would be the code to punch in to get it set to RF mode.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

The solution linked in this article worked in seconds. Just hold down  Mute and Enter button until you see “Applying IR/ RF setup” appear on the screen.  It paired right away with my DirecTV receiver. 

...... http://soc.att.com/2iBrdKh

• 

2 Messages

THIS WORKED YEAA and THANKS

Accepted Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

4 y ago

See if the tips here are more helpful .... http://soc.att.com/2iBrdKh

Perhaps your remote is defective?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

154.9K Messages

5 y ago

Hello @RainerH,

We are sorry for your inconvenience.  This article on troubleshooting your DIRECTV remote should assist you further.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
brisak

Professor

• 

1.4K Messages

5 y ago

Press and hold mute and select wait 4 flashes 981 Thats factory reset. Pres and hold mute and enter wait for flahes then 961 channel up this will pair rf mode. Also the holding of mute and enter will too

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Pressing mute and select, it only flashes twice. These instructions are not working for me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Very good thanks. It worked!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

I have tried all of these and nothing is working any other ideas we’ve hade this system for about 2.5 years

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

3 y ago

@Wildguns, what's your question?  If your RC73 remote won't reset, then it's likely defective.  DirecTV will replace for free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan, otherwise they're cheaper on Amazon. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

I was using the original LG remote, but when I tried to use the Directv RC 73 remote, it failed to pair to the tv. None of the instructions above worked. Just changed batteries even though the system is only 6 weeks old.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

3 y ago

@rbarron10, if resynchronizing using MUTE + ENTER for several seconds is not working, then perhaps the remote is defective. Also try resetting your Receiver/DVR.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

Thank you for your reply. I did reset the receiver, but the Directv remote is not even responding to on/off commands. The LG receiver is ok, though. Also, the receiver and system is only a few weeks old installed at the end of January.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Spoiler
Tv control

How do I remove the capability of turning my tv on/off with a genie remote?  My set up man never asked me whether I wanted them paired, just did it and now when I want to turn the receiver off and not my tv I have to turn it off manually. (First world problems, I know). But if I’m watching Apple TV, I don’t need the receiver on. Any help is appreciated. 

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

The following worked to pair the remote and everything works except the volume up and down.

I'll take it but if anyone knows what to do the get the volume working, I would appreciate that solution also.

This solution worked worked in seconds. Just hold down Mute and Enter (Not Select) button until you see lights flashing on the remote. It paired right away with my DirecTV receiver.

Get started...

Ask a new question