Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Mon, Feb 24, 2020 8:44 PM

Problems recording the CW network.

When recording programs from the CW network on my DirecTV Genie, I often get dropouts. The picture goes black and sometimes I also lose the sound too. This only last for a second or two but is pretty annoying. This does NOT happen on any other channel I have recorded, only on the CW channel. For me this is KSTW channel 11 in Seattle. I imagine It is the feed to DirecTV and not my receiver itself since I don't get it on any other channels.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.7K Messages

a month ago

Does this happen on all boxes?

What model box(es)?

Is only recording affected or watching the live feed as well?

Is this satellite channel, On Demand, or both?

Coax finger tight?

Tried a red button reset, or a full power cycle (unplugging power for at least 20 seconds)?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.4K Messages

I seem to remember a number of people reporting the problem with KSTW. Yes, it seems to be the feed from the station. Call/email the station engineer.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…