Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Feb 16, 2020 5:21 AM

Problem with wireless headphones and mini genie

I have direct TV mini genie and I have the headphones set up with the 10 point dongle cable but my problem is that I have a smart TV with lots of apps and my headphones aren't Bluetooth so I'm not able to hear shows on Netflix or Hulu or anything other than direct TV. Any suggestions on how to fix this. Could really use the help. We recently had two deaths in our family and we have moved some family into our home and one of them uses her headphones and I would love her to be able to be comfortable. Thanks.

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

2 months ago

Connect the headphones to a TV audio output.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

I will try, but can I do that while they are still hooked up thru the direct TV genie or do I have to keep switching from one to the other. Was trying to find away to hear everything
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

When connected to the TV it should output the sound on any input the TV is on DTV, Netflix or Hulu so you need to disconnect it from the mini.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…