Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Nov 24, 2020 6:30 PM

poor download speed

I have an ethernet connection to my hr 54-700. I test out on my computer connected to the same router at over 150 mbps. When I first got the receiver the speed test needle pinned all the way to the right past 4k. Now it is pinned all the way to the left. I called DTV had a tech come out and he said that there was nothing he could do as it was a problem with an update and even changing receivers wouldn't fix it.Does anyone know anything about this problem and if it will be fixed 

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.8K Messages

2 months ago

The tech is correct there is a bug in the new software, it is assumed DTV will fix it.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
goldw1800

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

2 months ago

all the D* Receivers internet ports only DO 15mbps -The D* meter has not work for at least 6 months --SOFEWARE issue only --It's working.

D* does NOT control the Channel internet servers and they are place all over the country and depending on where your located --It can take many NETWORK hops to get to you --Slowing things down.

Some will download faster and some won't based on where they are located to you.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for the info. I'm just frustrated because I tried to DL a 4k movie and after more than 12 hrs it was only 22 % done.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25K Messages

2 months ago

DirecTV needs an actual 4K HDDVR instead of a Client. Also needs to be SWM-only to keep up with current setup. Ideally I would love to see a 4th generation Genie (not another failing like the Genie-2: HS17) that can deliver 4K directly and have better connections so could accepted faster download (won't fix your internet or the hops each network takes, but would at least optimize what is within DirecTV's control). This plus new models of SWM-only regular HDDVRs would be the best setup.

But it is my dream that we keep flexibility to the customer. Genie-2 simplifying the setup for the company but restricting our options is not the DirecTV legacy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Get started...

Ask a new question