Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
J

• 

12 Messages

Wed, Oct 28, 2020 11:15 PM

Pixelation only on ABC

Hello,

This issue has been going on for a long time.  I have pixelation that happens every minute or two and last for a few seconds.

It only happens on ABC here in Austin.  

It also happens on both receivers I have.

Here is my equipment info:

Genie Gen 3
Model: HR54-700
ID: (Edited as per community guidelines)
Serial #: (Edited as per community guidelines)
Access Card: (Edited as per community guidelines)

Genie Mini
Model: C51-700
Serial #: (Edited as per community guidelines)
Mac Address: (Edited as per community guidelines)

Again, this only happens on ABC.  There are no issues with audio.  I have refreshed and done the other things.

How can I solve this issue?

Responses

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

a month ago

two main possibilities

first, your dish is not aligned correctly and your signal strength is too low. Check the signal level on the 99s satellite transponder 17. You may have to wait a while for the signals on 99s to appear. Post back and tell us what you see.

second, it might be a problem at the station. do you know anyione else with direvtv to see if they are having the same issue?

you have a genie and a client. Becaause all the tuners are in the genie (there are none in the client) you will see this problem in both boxes.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

12 Messages

a month ago

Strong signal across the board.

If it's the station, do I call ABC in Austin and tell them?

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

a month ago

what is your signal on that particular transponder? "across the board" implies you are not looking in the right place. The 99s screen shows all the 99s transponders. Because 99s shows only local spotbeams, most of them will be zero or low signal because they are not pointed at you. What's the signal strength on TP17?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

12 Messages

23 days ago

Hi TexasBrit,

I'll try to check the transponder today.

Thanks

• 

12 Messages

21 days ago

Howdy TexasBrit,

Sorry for the delay.  Strength on TP17 is 99% on all tuners.  See photos.

What do you suggest?

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

20 days ago

no, you need to look at 99s, not 101!!

• 

12 Messages

20 days ago

Hi TexasBrit, 

Ok, I'm sorry.  Here's a few pictures from 99 s...

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

20 days ago

go back to 99s and wait several minutes for the signal strengths to fill in. Because its spot beams, the receiver has to wait on each transponder to see if theres a signal. Eventually all the dashes will fill in with numbers. You just have to wait a while.

• 

12 Messages

20 days ago

Hey TexasBrit,

Ok, sorry about that.  Please see these two photos now and let me know your thoughts...

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

19 days ago

your 99s signal is great. that probably means the problem is at the station, or in the link from the station to the directv base station. Suggest you call/email the station engineer and tell him you are having these problems.

• 

12 Messages

19 days ago

10-4 thank you!

Get started...

Ask a new question