Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 4:36 PM

Part-time TV

I continue to get a 771 error message on my tv every single day. It is fine when I first turn it on but after a couple of hours it starts to get pixelated and freezes. The screen then goes black and the error message appears. I have done all the troubleshooting steps with the exception of getting on my roof. However, I can see that the only branches in the way are about 20-30 feet taller than the dish. There is nothing directly in front of it. I was told months ago (maybe even a year or longer) that I am still using one of the old receivers. But they still have not upgraded it. It is now interfering with my life since I am stuck at home; I cant watch tv and it wont record any of my shows when it is having one of its "moments". They will not answer the phone. What can I do?? I think I should be given a month credit since I can't even watch it. Just frustrated and venting.

Responses

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

I should also add that once I get the 771 error message, that is it for the rest of the day and night. No more watching tv until tomorrow.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 months ago

What are our DVR/Receiver model numbers?

What channel(s) have the 771 error?

Can check and post back your signal readings from the Satellite Setup Menu?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

My Receiver is an HR34/700.

The 771 is on all channels. I have been able to find a couple of channels that still work but if I leave it on one of those channels to watch it, then it does the same thing within a couple of minutes.

I don't know what the signal readings are because it is currently recording and I don't want to lose the recording. I can get back with you on that.

Thank you

• 

5 Messages

Turns out, I guess, I don't know how to check the signal readings.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

2 months ago

Menu>Settings&Help>Settings>Satellite>View Signal Strength. Use the + and - to cycle the through the sats

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.