Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
J

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jul 5, 2020 2:24 AM

Order a Wireless Genie

Can someone point me in the right direction to order a wireless genie receiver?

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

a month ago

All Genies have to have a coax connected to the dish so there are no wireless Genies, they can connect to the internet using the built in WiFi however there is the wireless mini client that needs a WVB to connect to the Genie.  You have to call DTV or order the WVB and the C41W/C61W from an online dealer and pay the full up front lease fee.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.7K Messages

a month ago

You call DirecTV to order. But it depends on your current setup on how this will affect you.

What are the models of each box you have now?

Are you looking to add a TV, or considering replacing a box you already have?

To be clear there is no wireless Genie receiver. There are two models of wireless Mini Genies (C41W, C61W) which are Clients (not receivers), as they take capability from the main Genie because they cannot work by themselves.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Hi...

Thanks for the responses.  We would like to add a TV to the sun room.  The sun room is attached to the living room where our main receiver is located. Our friends have the WVB in their family room attached to their main receiver and a genie client in the exercise room.  We would like that setup.

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

If your main receiver is a genie then adding a wireless mini will cost $198.00 +tax ($99.00 for the wvb which is owned and $99.00 for the wireless mini). Then $7.00 per month for the service. 24 month commitment 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.7K Messages

@jgavers 

Please list the exact models of each box you have now. That will determine any possible changes in what capability you have now, or anything else you should be aware of before you place the order.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Get started...

Ask a new question