Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jul 16, 2017 6:47 PM

No power to main receiver

After a bad storm yesterday, I started getting a message saying service not found. After checking all the cables etc. on my main tv, and trying all the troubleshooting ideas on the website and chatting with rep, I realized that the regular receiver (not the mini that is on the main tv in the living room) is actually in my bedroom and it had no power period. I have checked the outlet, unplugged cord on the receiver and in the outlet, checked the power strip, etc. TV, wireless router and DVD player all have power, but receiver won't turn on at all. I'm not terribly electronically inclined, but I am beginning to think that the only thing left is lightning striking it. If anyone else has any other suggestions, please let me know. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

3 years ago

A lighting strike would fry more then the Genie, Call/chat with DTV for a replacement $20 shipping covered if you have the protection plan.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks! A new receiver took care of the problem.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

3 years ago

You are welcome.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.