Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Dec 6, 2019 2:29 AM

No 4K / UHD: DIRECTV Receiver (C61K-700) to TV (2019 Model: Vizio V665-G9)

Equipment:

- Vizio V665-G9 (2019)

- DirecTV Receiver: C61K-700

- HDMI Cable: HDMI Supports 4K, UHD, HDR Video, High Speed Cord 2.0b – Bandwidth 18Gbps – Audio Return Channel and HDCP2.2 Compliant

- Roku Ultra | 4K/HDR/HD

Scenario:

Receiver plugged into HDMI port 1 of the TV.

Receiver tuned to channel 104 (DTV4K)

Receiver display settings have check marks for resolutions: 720, 1080i and 1080P. The 4K box does not have a check mark and says TV doesn't support. 

On the Vizio TV input you cannot turn-on UHD. When you turn on UHD, a picture from DIRECTV will not display. As soon as you turn UHD off, the DIRECTV pictures displays. 

This issue has been duplicated on (2) different HDMI cables, HDMI port 1 and 2 on the TV, (2) different (but same model) DIRECTV receivers. 

Using the same TV, HDMI cable and HDMI port on the TV you can plug-in the 4K capable Roku and turn-on UHD, picture displays.  

Using the SMARTCAST feature built into the TV you can watch 4K content from Amazon with no problem. Confirmed by the message in the upper right hand corner of the screen, HDR 10.  

Take the DIRECTV receiver and plug it into a Samsung UN43NU6950 and there is no issue displaying 4K content from DIRECTV. 

I have spoken to AT&T DIRECTV technical support several times with a wide range of feedback:

- The maximum resolution of our 4K content is 1080P

- We've never heard of this problem before. We don't know

- We can schedule you a dispatch. If its not our problem you'll be charged $99

Has anyone experienced this problem before or know of any steps to resolve not being able to display DIRECTV 4K content on a Vizio V665-G9 (2019)?

** I strongly suspect my previous TV (Vizio m65-C1) suffered the same inability to display DIRECTV 4K content. 

According to Vizio technical support. No known conflicts with DIRECTV and Vizio TVs.  

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Responses

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

4 months ago

How many fps does the tv support? Is it only happening on channel 104?.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

Same thing happens on Channel 105 (DTV4K). 

The FPS is stated to be 120Hz. Not sure that is native. True FPS maybe 60. 

CR Spec Sheet - https://www.consumerreports.org/products/tvs/vizio-v655-g9-398688/overview/

• 

5 Messages

Did you ever find a soluation. I am having same issue.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Negative. I have not found a solution.

Davidwb66

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

2 months ago

I'm having the same problem. Bought the TV in November and have talk to direct and Vizio and neither one knows the answer. It's been so frustrating. It's so damn hard to believe that 2 companies like directv and vizio can't fix this problem . I've had 3 directv techs and 1 vizio tech and none of them know so the vizio tech recommend a TV replacement under warranty and I don't think it's gonna fix the problem. He said if it don't I might have to wait for an software update from directv or vizio 😠 .

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

I gave up and returned the TV to Best Buy within the 14 day return policy. I then bought a 40 inch Samsung on EBAY that works perfectly. From another thread, I found at the following information provided by the user jleves:

I've found it works but with a hitch. You can tune to a 4k station on DirectTV and then grab the Vizio remote, hit menu, go to input settings, select the DTV input, go to Full UHD Color and turn it on and you get the full 4k HDR picture.

However, when you go back to a non 4k station you have to grab the Vizio remote, hit menu, go to input settings, select the DTV input and turn Full UHD Color off.

Kind of a pain and definitely makes double play unuseable, but at least you can watch 4k HDR content if you want to.

Davidwb66

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

That won't work for me cause I can't even check the 4k box on my directv receiver cause it's grayed out and won't let you check it.
Davidwb66

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

2 months ago

cgibson9 I have the same problem. Have you had any luck.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Negative. I have not found a solution.

Davidwb66

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

Ok thanks
Davidwb66

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

2 months ago

No known complaints there lying like (Edited per community guidelines) I've complained every since I got my vizio TV and I know other people who have also .

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

I am afraid if you wait for a software update, it will never come.

• 

1 Message

a month ago

I have a Vizio V405-G9 and i have the exact same issues. Nothing suggested has worked. I didn't even bother talking to DirecTv support, they're useless.

I have more faith that Visio will figure it out and push out an update, not much faith, just more than i have with DirecTv.

Employee

• 

4 Messages

19 days ago

I have a VIZIO 50" Class 4K UHD LED SmartCast Smart TV HDR Model: D50x-G9

I am a member of the Employee SWDL (PI14) for DirecTV. I posted the same problem to the beta tester board. This is the reply I got on 02/20/20

"Update: there is a known issue selecting 4K resolution on VizioTV's, and they are developing a fix which will be pushed out via a firmware update to your TV. Fix timeline is currently TBD."

Hope this helps

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

1 Message

14 days ago

Can we connect our online game with this device. I play the Fortnite map code game with my desktop.

Employee

• 

4 Messages

My kids have no problem with the Nintendo Switch, but i don't know if that's 4K

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…