Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
A
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

Wed, Nov 1, 2017 11:42 AM

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Responses

hoss713

Scholar

• 

88 Messages

a year ago

@GmaHrn 

*D* was definitely tempting but missing AMC.

AMC is available. That was a must for me...

shspvr

Scholar

• 

165 Messages

a year ago

@hoss713 @GmaHrn 

I'm assuming he refer DTN

hoss713

Scholar

• 

88 Messages

a year ago

@justloafing 

I interpreted @mdram4x4 's comments as positive towards the other satellite service hardware. Neither guide is perfect and there are things I don't like with the D### N's guide. But I'm saving $$ and I get the channels I want with a learning curve that was less than directv's new guide's learning curve (After a year, I still got confused navigating directv's new guide).

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

a year ago

@hoss713 wrote:

@justloafing 

I interpreted @mdram4x4 's comments as positive towards the other satellite service hardware. Neither guide is perfect and there are things I don't like with the D### N's guide. But I'm saving $$ and I get the channels I want with a learning curve that was less than directv's new guide's learning curve (After a year, I still got confused navigating directv's new guide).

i was referring to hardware alone, no clue on the guide.

a 16 tuner dvr that outputs 4k, yeah nothing else on the market can touch that

it makes the genie 2 look like philco tv

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Since1996

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

a year ago

@GmaHrn 

@hoss713 AMC is available. That was a must for me...

GmaHrn, Hoss is right, AMC is in the base package "America's Top 120" so it is also included in every upgrade package  D* offers.  I've been checking!  My hard drive is finally down to 20% full so it is not so critical what recorded programs I will loose by switching to a different satellite provider.

I'm not sure if I should be mad at AT&T or grateful for making me check out the competition!

John (AT&T Test Dummy)

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

a year ago

@Since1996 wrote:

@GmaHrn 

@hoss713 AMC is available. That was a must for me...

GmaHrn, Hoss is right, AMC is in the base package "America's Top 120" so it is also included in every upgrade package  D* offers.  I've been checking!  My hard drive is finally down to 20% full so it is not so critical what recorded programs I will loose by switching to a different satellite provider.

I'm not sure if I should be mad at AT&T or grateful for making me check out the competition!

John (AT&T Test Dummy)

before you pick a competitor research the ones available to you

satellite guys is a good spot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shspvr

Scholar

• 

165 Messages

a year ago

@Since1996 

The thing is he said "I am still checking out streaming" so AMC is not on DTN or aka "DirecTV NOW"

Since1996

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

a year ago

@shspvr

The comment was in response to, "I've switched over to a different satellite service that starts with a D", & did not reference DirecTV Now.

@mdram4x4

I am in a rural area with limited internet and too far from any city to get anything with an outside antenna.  My only choices are the two satellite services, one of which has disappointed me after 23 years of being a loyal customer.

John (AT&T Test Dummy)

Scholar

• 

84 Messages

a year ago

John ( a t and t test dummy ). I am in the same boat as you which is now below the waterline
mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

a year ago

@Since1996 wrote:

@mdram4x4

I am in a rural area with limited internet and too far from any city to get anything with an outside antenna.  My only choices are the two satellite services, one of which has disappointed me after 23 years of being a loyal customer.

John (AT&T Test Dummy)

im in the same boat.  i would go back to dish, but after the last time i just cant, at least not yet

if you get a cell signal at home, verizon has a prepaid unlimited jetpack, its $65 a month with autopay

it will deprioritize, but thats not usually an issue if your rural, as most rural towers are not congested

been using it for a few months and its really nice

hoss713

Scholar

• 

88 Messages

a year ago

Ah, I couldn't figure out what 'DTN' meant, now I know...  Smiley Happy

shspvr

Scholar

• 

165 Messages

a year ago

@Since1996 

That not what GmaHrn post said in post 7430

theverb

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

a year ago

I have been waiting almost a year for someone who works on this software to actually start using it. I can't believe that any of the developers use the dvr to record or watch shows. I really don't like the progress bar, it's blocking the score area while you ff or rewind. It's (finally) baseball season and I can't see the inning and I absolutely can't see the arrow that shows if it's the top or bottom of the inning. 

20190402_193549.jpg

Please move this bar by making it less wide and please also make it transparent. I don't read the ticker but on financial channels that's the most important thing on the screen. 

GmaHrn

Scholar

• 

237 Messages

a year ago

@hoss713 

Apologies, you are of course right. It's CW. Too many evaluations cloud the brain. *D* I think still has a way to link in OTA which could solve that issue. I feel uncomfortable locking in a 2 year contract though with the upheaval in streaming and changes coming with OTA ATSC 3. Repacking channels in our area is starting in June through the fall. It seems worth waiting to see how things settle and in the interim try to get antennas working.

txakura

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

a year ago

I was a Dish customer for years.   Due to a really strange reason I
won't elaborate on, I changed from DirecTv to Dish in the late 90s,
stayed with them until Uverse became available in my neighborhood, then
started back with DirecTv when we relocated. I'm an AT&T
employee/retiree, so you would think there would be a discount - which
there finally is, THREE YEARS after I subscribed.  Through all that
time, I maintained a rooftop antenna to pick up channels none of the
providers carried - particularly, the multiple subchannels of the local
PBS affiliate, which carry lots of programming we like to watch.  Right
now, with our Tivo, we watch all of the national broadcast channels
(ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.) through the Tivo because it has the capability to
skip channels automatically.

With or without a connection to my DirecTv box, my antenna will always
be there.  If the new version of the DirecTv antenna connection is as
bad as the old, I figure I'm better off without it anyway.

Get started...

Ask a new question