Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

Wed, Nov 1, 2017 11:42 AM

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Responses

txakura

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

a year ago

Don't forget:  at&t just bought Time Warner.  Just think how well they can mess that up!

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

a year ago

They are ruining everything they touch no doubt.  Started with me when they bought out Bell South.  I had their cell service, there land line phone, and one other thing I can't remember.  Got rid of it all in 6 months and from that point forward I have never and will never have a good thing to say about them, I will say a lot of bad things.  Then I find out how their workers are treated.  Just from how their workers are treated it is no wonder why the customer gets treated like garbage.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

a year ago

ATT isn't pandering to us, they are pandering to the advertisers. That is where the real income comes from. From an advertisers point of view, hey are quite happy to spend large amounts of money to broadcast providers. It's a numbers game to them. If only one percent of consumers purchase product based on advertising, they have more than made their nut. 350,000 Americans, slightly fewer if you consider the age of people able to pruchase products or services. If say 1% of number does purchase based on advertising, they've done their job. More revenue for the shareholders of said companies. And the same goes for Youtube or other such providers. Does it make sense now that the youtubers of the world are so interested in "monetizing" their video's or other productions? I just thank God that I have been able to retire and get out of the game. The down side is that my kids, grand kids and all others of their generations will have to endure the greediness of the "Share Holder". I guess in the end, it doesn't matter much which provider you go with, its going to be the same old story. From my point of view, it won't be me contributing to the suits at ATT. It will be some other suits at some other company. If we as a society were to unplug completely, a message would be sent that they cannot avoid. Reality is though, this will never happen. Too many people would remain as they are, happily viewing their beloved reality shows, zombie dramas or other such programming that appeals to them.

I would like to ask one thing, please do not attack me personally for expressing my views. I have not, nor will ever take shots at others who express theirs.

Scholar

• 

84 Messages

a year ago

Well said my friend!
GmaHrn

Scholar

• 

237 Messages

a year ago

HR44-500 (Ethernet) & HR24-500

Revision (Software) 0x114b

Non Genie Remote (old style)

Ethernet Connected

60” TV - Viewing Distance 14’

Coming in in the door of Sam's Club today my husband was greeted by two ATT reps hawking Directv. He politely proceeded to relay to them our long term association with DTV and how it had fallen from premium status. Having them there seemed pretty ironic considering ATT's CEO vision is dismembering DTV.

On the bright side, YouTube TV is going well. In about two weeks we'll get to see how much DTV values our business. Since I don't anticipate any meaningful improvements to sat service in the future, price now comes into play.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

a year ago

@GmaHrn wrote:

Coming in in the door of Sam's Club today my husband was greeted by two ATT reps hawking Directv. ...

Sales folks you see at places like Sams Club and Costco are not AT&T/DirecTV employees.  They work for third party companies and often make outrageous promises to book orders. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

a year ago

They don't work for DTV/AT&T but a third party company that sends orders to DTV.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GmaHrn

Scholar

• 

237 Messages

a year ago

Thanks for info. Seems all the same intent in the end doesn't it?

ATTTimCS

Employee

• 

227 Messages

a year ago

Hi All,

Regarding ads, I don't have an official response or roadmap for this happening.  However, I know all companies are looking for new ways to advertise in the digital age.  With TV, no one watches commercials anymore.  I am one of those people.  I can't remember the last time I watched a commercial.  Companies are going to find new ways to entice that revenue stream.  Whether it's us, Comcast, Dish, etc, companies are going to get creative to court advertisers is my guess.

Tim, AT&T Community Strategy

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
bradoz7

Scholar

• 

85 Messages

a year ago

Tim , all due respect , Clients of DirecTV are playing CLIENTS , not the Product you can sell the eyeballs of to yet another party or further your own earning with PPV advertising.

We are PAYING DirecTV an exorbitant amount of money to your company to  DELIVER the content from Broadcasters to us the end customer.

DirecTV is NOT an advertiser supported service , I demand an "Opt OUT" of any advertising being inserted above and beyond the adverts from the Broadcasters signals you are acting as a conduit to deliver.

This is an immoral abuse of the agreement I have with DirecTV to DELIVER the content to me , not manipulate that content and ADD to it in a way I cannot control or mute.

Get your priorities straight , FIX the GUI and don't put resources into areas that are NOT wanted by the customers , what customers DO want though is a GUI that at least works as well as the one that got taken away.... Ridiculous miss management of a project

brad 

Scholar

• 

243 Messages

a year ago

@bradoz7 

I think we need a separate thread on this topic of pause/full motion video ads, even if it ultimately will fall on deaf ears, we should let Directv/ATT know that these kind of ads will be a bridge too far.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

17.2K Messages

a year ago

@bradoz7 wrote:

Tim , all due respect , Clients of DirecTV are playing CLIENTS , not the Product you can sell the eyeballs of to yet another party or further your own earning with PPV advertising.

We are PAYING DirecTV an exorbitant amount of money to your company to  DELIVER the content from Broadcasters to us the end customer.

DirecTV is NOT an advertiser supported service , I demand an "Opt OUT" of any advertising being inserted above and beyond the adverts from the Broadcasters signals you are acting as a conduit to deliver.

Ever purchase a magazine or newspaper?  Did it have ads?

bradoz7

Scholar

• 

85 Messages

a year ago

That was part of the business plan for a paper or magazine.

How would you like it if advertising was inserted into a BOOK that you paid for ?

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

17.2K Messages

a year ago

@bradoz7 wrote:

That was part of the business plan for a paper or magazine.

How would you like it if advertising was inserted into a BOOK that you paid for ?

It appears that it's part of DTV's business plan as well.  I have many paperback books that I have paid for that have advertising in it.  Fortunately, so far, it has all been at the end of the book.  Not saying I like advertisements, I'm just saying that things are not always black and white.

gary245

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

a year ago

I can't resist.

AT&T (in their best Darth Vader voice)

"We are changing the agreement, Pray we do not change it more."

(They have the death star as their logo).

I suspect whatever improves profits.  I was under the impression they bought direct TV to give

them more leverage when renegotiating agreements with the content providers (for web based or Uverse),

not so much to provide excellent satellite service.