Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
A
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

Wed, Nov 1, 2017 11:42 AM

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Directv just complete a recent upgrade. I takes approximately 1-2 minutes for the tv to connect to the receiver. It finally does if your patient.

The font size is so small on the guide I can not read it. I go to settings, accessibility and display and I can choose different fonts and size but have no option to save. 

I have been with Directv for nearly 20 years now. You need to fix these problems. Please! Directv,please contact me!

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Okay, how about simple things like how do you get to your series manager. Before you simply found it when you clicked on menu, then recordings. And when you do find it, why would you need to press record to cancel that series. Also, when you click on your series program, it may say 2 shows are scheduled to record. Then when you click on it, some of them say “no information is available at this time . Try again later” But if you click on it again it may give you the dates and times the programs are scheduled to record. I say it may, because it doesn’t tell you every time.
And when you click on list, why does 1/4th of the screen get taken up with a screen your not looking for. Why not just give you your list of recorded programs. I could go on and on. The fonts are to small, to light, difficult to read, etc.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am sure we can but I didn't want it to come to that. I have so many more
worthy causes I am involved in! We can start by emailing the blog link to
friends. Maybe AT&T will wake up.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Not only is the new interface terrible visually, it is considerably slower to start up.  Absolutely awful.  Give us back the old interface!

goldw1800

ACE - Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

Leave the mini ON and only turn off the TV = Next time you turn on the TV = instant picture 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
notdeadyet

Mentor

• 

67 Messages

3 years ago

not a good idea for the hardware life....mine already runs at 140° when he blue light is on, so just as the Genie and others, the units all run cooler when the blue light is off vs on. My HR22 used to get as high as 117° when on, and only 95° when off. Personally I've added a laptop cooler to my Genie to keep it below 100° constantly. . 

goldw1800

ACE - Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

Not really -It's NOT like you own it anyway - Your DVR is on 24/7 even when you turn it off - if it burns up Directv will send you another one. Leave it on -in the short term your blood pressure will thank you

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
notdeadyet

Mentor

• 

67 Messages

3 years ago

and what if I do OWN my equipment, which I do!!!  And yes the DVR is on all the time, but the power supply is MUCH cooler in the off state, which is what blows on most of their equipment when it does burn up. I've lost track of how many power supplies I've replaced over the last 10 years for myself and my customers. 

goldw1800

ACE - Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

NO -you don't as it's all Leased equipment - And I've never replaced any Receiver (parts) - as all my electric Stuff I care about TV's+ Receivers+ Computers+ Routers/Switches+ Cable modems are all  on Uninterupted Power Supplies -and any Receiver That you think you own is also so old that Directv Doesn't want them back anyway - I have 2 Hr22-100's from 2008 still recording -LOL may your New Year be Happier 

hoss713

Scholar

• 

88 Messages

3 years ago

I've never had a DirecTV receiver/dvr burn out or die on me. But if it happens, and they replace it, you will lose all your recordings as they do not allow you to transfer the recordings to your new receiver. Which is a real shame, but that's a different thread...

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I too hate it, and thus far DirecTV won't do anything about it, I am about ready to go back to DISH!!!

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

3 years ago

@hoss713, you won't lose any recordings if it's just a Genie Mini Client that dies. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Gullzway

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

Those settings are only for Closed Captions unfortunately.  I also hope they fix this because I can barely read it,  usually have to move closer to the tv.

handyandy

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

3 years ago

I don’t see any tips in this article.

jefirdjr

Scholar

• 

45 Messages

3 years ago

I also have the HR54, and it IS NOTICEABLY SLOWER! Also has long lags after pressing remote button, until it finally decides to do something.

Get started...

Ask a new question