Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

1 Message

Wed, Apr 1, 2020 3:25 PM

My receiver says my hard drive is broken and to contact directv to have it fixed. What do I do when I can’t call to report the problem

I cannot report that receiver as broken because the call center is closed. It says the hard drive is broken and needs to be replaced.

Responses

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 months ago

Call Centers are currently slammed due to coronavirus staffing issues. Be patient and keep trying.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

2 months ago

Hard drive failed is pretty much a replacement situation. Try unplugging power for at least 20 seconds and see if that clears it for now.

Otherwise call DirecTV to get a warranty replacement. It will be $19.95 delivery, covered if you have their optional equipment protection plan. Long hold times as expected for Covid-19.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Had the same problem, try a reboot (red button). It got mine going again

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have same issue with hard drive broken message i have been calling for 2 days and each time I get to the part where they are to transfer to tech support and get the message they can not take my call.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have been on hold for a total of 3 1/2 hours today. Have not ever talked to a live person. Keep getting the tape loops telling me how much ATT values me. At this point I would say not very much!

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I am having the same issue, following this post.