Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Fri, Mar 22, 2019 2:10 PM

Increasing the wireless range of DirecTV HS17-500

I have 4 C61W-700 boxes in my home.  I notice on some of them the LED in front is flashing between yellow and green.  My assumption is that this indicates a degraded wireless signal.  1.  What is the ethernet port for on the HS17-500?  Can I network this into my WIFI router to boost the signal?  Does DirecTV provide some sort of signal booster to improve reception around my home?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

a year ago

the ethernet port is to provider ethernet to the hs17

to increase wireless mini range, you need another wireless video bridge in another location

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

OK...Thank you.  I will call DirecTV and ask for one.  I appreciate the fast reply.