Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Aug 31, 2019 6:14 PM

If I add an external HD, do I lose saved Searches and sheduled programs?

I plan to add an external HD to an HR-20 DVR.  I understand that I will lose access to programs already recorded on the internal HD, but will I need to reenter existing searches and scheduled programs?  Not a big issue if so, but want to be prepared.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

5 months ago

@Tregonsee wrote:

I plan to add an external HD to an HR-20 DVR.  I understand that I will lose access to programs already recorded on the internal HD, but will I need to reenter existing searches and scheduled programs?  Not a big issue if so, but want to be prepared.

Yes. You will have to re-enter that stuff, too.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

Good to know.  Thanks for the heads up.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.5K Messages

5 months ago

Also the HR20 is an extremely old HDDVR. It may not have much life left in it so adding an accessory now would be a bit risky.

Good thing is their lease model still covers it. So if you call in to DirecTV and inform them when it is dead a warranty replacement is just $19.95 delivery, or covered if you have their optional equipment protection plan. The only regular HDDVR in stock would be the HR24. And since the HR22 they started putting a larger HDD (500GB) in them so would be more space then the HR20. Like yours they still support an external HDD (eSATA with fan enclosure) up to a max of 2TB.

If you choose to go the warranty route be aware agents would be expected to offer an upgrade as an alternative. Before considering an upgrade, list the model number of all your boxes so experienced customers can give guidance. As there are many new agents since the acquisition by AT&T, many of them are not as familiar with older setups such as yours. Good to be sure on what is the best option for you personally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

My thanks for all the answers.  I have a solid path forward, and have also learned a great deal about how the DirecTV system works.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

3 months ago

We'll see what happens after October 19th.