Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!
Rander88

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Feb 1, 2018 7:45 PM

I have no picture or sound on my Genie

I can see the guide, playlist, and menu but get no picture or sound on any channel I select.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

Be sure to also reset the main Genie DVR.  It's the Genie DVR that feeds signals to the Client boxes. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

First thing to try is resetting your Genie DVR using the red button near the access card. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Rander88

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

That was the first thing I tried.  

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

Main Genie DVR?  Genie Client?  Or both?

Rander88

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

That was the first thing I tried.  It's a genie client.

Rander88

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I just checked my genie 4K and I'm having the same problem.  My main DVR is working fine.

Rander88

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks; that worked. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

Glad to hear. Enjoy!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have to reset my Genie every time I turn the set on

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have to reset every time I turn on my tv

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

What model Genie?

How is it connected to your TV?

When did the problem start?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have no sound coming frommTV.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have no sound and my TV goes blank for a short time, then comes back on!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

didn't like it

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

a year ago

Well, I tried adding this client, I had a video bridge comment, said active, blue box that said connect now, pushed select on remote, nothing happens, remote doesn’t change anything! Now black screen with directv bouncing around!! 

Get started...

Ask a new question