Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Wed, Feb 19, 2020 8:24 PM

HR54-500 and TV OnDemand

Am I able to record a TV show that is available OnDemand? For example, we missed the end of 9-1-1 Lone Star the other night due to the race, so we wanted to record it off of OnDemand and watch it later. Why? We like to keep all of our viewing on the DVR - we forget shows if it's not on our DVR list. We are connected to the internet via WiFi.

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 months ago

Yes, when it becomes available to On Demand and there will be an expiration date and in most cases you will not be able to FF commercials.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.7K Messages

On Demand is the access to the online libraries from the channels.

Just need an HDDVR connected to your home internet. The Genie has a wireless CCK (WiFi) built-in to connect to your home router, if it is not convenient to run an Ethernet cable. Just make sure not to connect any metered/data capped internet or you risk eating through your data allowance.

Remember the channel determines what is in their On Demand library. So there is not a guarantee of what content will be available at any given time. Though many do put recent episodes up shortly after they are aired.

As a note, the FF/REW will be disabled on many channels as they treat it just like you were viewing on the channel's individual website. Except for premiums (HBO, etc.) as those are purely commercial free.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…