Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Nov 19, 2019 8:11 AM

HR44-500 works but has no power light

My HR44-500 works fine, but I can't tell when it's on or off.  I like to shut it off when not in use, but the blue light doesn't work any more so I'm never sure if it's on all the time or what.  Whenever I turn the tv on with the remote, everything's working, it even records when it's supposed to.  It's just annoying that I can't shut it off by tapping the blue button when I'm hurrying to leave the house, because nothing happens and it doesn't shut off when I do.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.5K Messages

2 months ago

DirecTV boxes don't completely power off. When you turn them off, it just puts it into standby, allowing it to still record, as well as getting guide and software updates.

The Genie remote powers both the TV and HR44 together. DirecTV by RF, TV by infrared. So if the TV goes off, the box is almost assuredly been turned off/standby as well.

As a backup, you could go into settings and turn Power Saver on. This simply auto-offs/standby after 4hrs of inactivity (no button presses).

If it is greatly concerning you, then you could call DirecTV for a warranty replacement. $19.95 delivery, or covered if you have the optional equipment protection plan. Depending on stock you would get either a HR44 or HR54. Either way, recordings do not transfer from a replaced box so you would want to be caught up first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2 months ago

It is never shut off unless the power cord is unplugged, when you press the off button is goes into standby mode which is why it still records.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Ok, so why doesn't the light turn on or off any more?

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.4K Messages

2 months ago

the light behind the directv logo is the only one that is on all the time

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

2 months ago

There's no reason to turn the box "off" (standby) since there's essentially no difference in power consumption.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.