Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jan 17, 2020 9:38 PM

HR44-500 question

Does the HR44-500 need to be powered up all the time to be able to talk to the client boxes ? Thanks

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.7K Messages

a month ago

Yes it has to be plugged into an A/C outlet but no it doesn't need to be sending video/audio to the TV as there are only two modes first one is in standby mode with no video/audio to the TV or sending video/audio to the TV mode, it is never off.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

No as "off" is more of a standby mode so it can record, share recordings, or allow Clients to work.

With the regular Genie line (HR34, HR44, HR54) it is suggested to have HDDVRs instead of Clients. This way if the Genie doesn't work for any reason (such as loose power cord causing it to reboot), the other boxes still function. But Clients go down if ever Genie does. Plus HDDVRs provide 2 tuners and 500GB recording space each, for no monthly cost difference from a Client.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.