Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
D

• 

6 Messages

Sun, May 31, 2020 1:35 AM

HR24/200 Receiver

Try to connect my Directv HR24/200 HD Receiver to the internet, I connected the ethernet cable from the router to the back of the receiver but when I try to set up the wired connection I get a error code 86-70. I even restarted the receiver still same code. Any solution to this?

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.7K Messages

2 months ago

What are the models of any other boxes you have?

Any of those other boxes already connected to internet?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

@Juniper I have a D12-100 in the living room that is not connected to the internet and I'm not planning on it

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.7K Messages

The D12 is a MPEG-2/SD-only non-DVR. It cannot connect to the internet. Also DirecTV is in the process of shutting down the MPEG-2 feeds, so this year you will need to call and get the MPEG swap for that box. Swap would be for a 2nd/3rd gen Genie (HR44/HR54), depending on stock. Since it requires tech install then they can make sure it is connected to the internet by wireless or wired (provides connection for both boxes).

HBO Max will not work as that is a streaming only service that is not through DirecTV. If you subscribe to HBO through DirecTV, then you get HBO On Demand instead.

If you are connected to your router directly by Ethernet, go into Menu > Settings > Internet > Advance and reset the network defaults. Then reset the HDDVR (possibly unplugging power for a minute). This should clear any conflicts from your HR24 itself. Then go into connect now and follow the steps for setting up a wired connection.

If by chance you were using a wireless CCK, you will need to disconnect that before setting up a wired connection. Also when you do the MPEG swap, your HR24 will be disconnected from the router as the Genie serves as the connection for both boxes.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

Thanks it finally worked.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.7K Messages

You're welcome. All that is left is the required MPEG swap. I would wait a little later into the year so they can get back up to normal staffing levels as the stay-at-home orders end allowing call centers to reopen.

When you do the swap, make sure to keep your HR24. Do not replace it with a Mini Genie Client. The HR24 is a full MPEG-4 receiver, so does not need replacing.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

2 months ago

After you connect the HR24 to the router you have to reset it for it to switch to the Ethernet port. You can't use Whole Home with the Ethernet cable connected.

• 

6 Messages

@shannon02 I don't have Whole Home just trying to connect the HR24/200 HD Receiver to the internet so that I can watch on demand movies or HBO MAX through ethernet wired connection.

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

You can't watch HBO max via the dvr's internet connection, it's a streaming service that's accessed via your regular internet connection and a streaming Device like a firestick.

• 

6 Messages

Thanks it's finally worked.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

2 months ago

If it is not connecting after resetting when connected then there is something wrong with the HR24, the Ethernet cable or the router or the antivirus or firewall is blocking the ports. That D12 is now obsolete you may want to use DTV free swap offer to replace it with an HD and if you are using a round dish it needs to be replaced also.

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

Thanks it's finally worked.

• 

2 Messages

@juniper @shannon02 Nice work! Different question. Wondering why I can't  access my Hr24-500 playlist thru the DTV app on my iphone? If I browse for TV, it shows all my recordings on the unit, but when I choose the on DVR option from App, they don't show. Thanks in advance!

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.7K Messages

@Toey5 

You cannot stream your DVR recordings through the app. That feature was removed over a year ago (assumedly because it didn't work well).

If you have the 2nd/3rd generation Genie (HR44/HR54), you can copy recordings temporarily (up to 30 days) to your mobile device for traveling, but that must be done at home connected to the same internet network as your Genie.

• 

2 Messages

Figured as much. Appreciate the quick response.Thanks for the info.

Get started...

Ask a new question