Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jul 12, 2012 6:42 AM

HR24 - Display Clock on the Receiver

Hello!

I want to know if it is possible to display the clock on the receiver?

Thanks in advance.

Emil

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

jimmie57

Professor

• 

2K Messages

8 years ago

No clock on the receivers. 

With the receivers and a TV on at any time you can press the Info button on your remote and the correct time will display in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

8 years ago

sure, put one of these on top...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ICF-C318-Clock-Radio-Alarm/dp/B000MXWSY6/ref=sr_1_1?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1342147576&sr=1-1

dcd

Expert

• 

22.6K Messages

8 years ago

TV Apps has a digital clock option but I was never able to get it to work.  During setup it demonstrates a nice small unobtrusive display but I couldn't get it operating.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Looks like it is suppose to have displays on the receiver. It has letters and number displays

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

3 years ago

@Lotsoffun1 wrote:

Looks like it is suppose to have displays on the receiver. It has letters and number displays

it does

it indicates if its recording, if its on, and what resoltuon its outputting

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Too bad it does not display clock... We had Time Warner Cable before switching to DTV, and having clock on the DVR and receiver - is a huge convenience. To be more precise, installing DTV and NOT having clock anymore - is a huge inconvenience.

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

3 years ago

AMAZON, clocks cost @ $5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.7K Messages

3 years ago

Directv receivers do not have a front panel clock. With all the watches, clocks, phones out there with quick access to the time it is not a big request item from customers. Also this allows Directv to keep sleeker boxes with simple status lights (tv resolution, is it on, recording, etc.) instead of building with a large front panel display so the clock was readable. You can also press your INFO button to check time on screen if you want to, or glance at it while browsing the guide. So between pressing a button or glancing at your watch/phone/clock, I don't see that as being a huge inconvenience difference from glancing at your television receiver box.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

• 

3 Messages

juniper,

You’re wrong, had receiver with clock display. Miss it very much. Smart Alec, press info button. You just want to show you’re a smart Alec with other clocks all around house for us to use. Not good answer.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

DTV receivers have never had a front clock display only an on screen display.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.7K Messages

@Fmarquez6744

No reason to insult someone because you disagree with their response. And that response was from 3 years ago, so seems a little odd to get upset by it.

DirecTV boxes do not have a front panel display for a clock. So whatever receiver you are referring to would be another company. This is a DirecTV forum, so answers are by default for DirecTV specific equipment. So a Spectrum receiver design will not change the answers for the equipment that DirecTV has.

Bottom line, front panel clock display is not a feature that DirecTV has. Though some like yourself would appreciate one, it is not a feature DirecTV has good enough reason to invest money and resources into. If that is a feature you cannot live without then you know your options.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Everyone has their own opinion and I believe a clock on receiver is a huge convenience when I’m reading in the same room and don’t have or want to put my tv on. Amazon clocks could be $5 but now I’ve got to plug it in or put batteries in it and have another item of clutter .....not a good solution imho. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I agree, we had Spectrum and the box had a nice time display.  I STILL keep looking for it as a habit.  It’s so annoying I have to buy a wall clock just for that!  Ugh

• 

3 Messages

Cburns8819,

That’s exactly right. Am going nuts without the clock display. Will have to go back to Spectrum, how disappointing, and AT&T could not give me a decent answer or offer one with display.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.7K Messages

a year ago

Wall clock, desk clock, phone, watch, etc., even looking on the TV itself are what you will need. DirecTV is not spending money to make a display on the box itself as it is not a feature that supports or encourages TV watching.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…