Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Jan 29, 2018 9:50 PM

How to split signal

I have hr54 swm. I would like to split signal to tv in bedroom. It’s ok if I watch same channel as the hr54 swm. I have splitter hooked up now but it’s not working. Do I need a swm splitter? What do I need to do to make it work?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

2 years ago

Receiver box HR54 authorized the service, splitting the satellite signal won't work as it will be scrambled to avoid people getting free service on additional TVs/locations. Must split HDMI from HR54 to view the same channel as the first TV. This would be a powered HDMI splitter that supports High-bandwidth Digital Copy Protection (HDCP), preferably 2.2 version. Not supported install, but is forced to the same channel as the first TV so usually not something Directv would fault you for.

Your other option is to contact Directv to add the connection (equipment upgrade), such as an HDDVR, and pay $7 monthly for an authorized TV on the service as normal where you can watch different channels on the 2nd TV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

2 years ago

What signal do you want to "split"?  The video signal, or satellite cable?  A powered HDMI splitter that properly supports HDCP copy protection should let you split the video signal to two different TV.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I would like to split satellite signal

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

I have the directv signal split to two tvs. It works very well. One problem, when I turn on the directv box(to say, watch tv in the living room) it turns on tv in the bedroom. It is turning it on through the hdmi cable. Both tvs are Samsung.

Called directv they were no help of course. I cant find a setting on the box or the tv to control this.

Thanks

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

HDMI control needs to be turned off on the TV or DTV receiver. Menu>Settings & Help>Settings>Display>Video>HDMI Control.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

i connected it to hdmi 4 seems to have solved the problem.

i actually found the setting in the tv, samsung calls it anynet but it was still turning it on.

thank you for the quick response

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…