Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 10:59 PM

How to change or enable upnp on AT&T router

I have a TCL 43S405 tv. My direct tv remote was controlling the power and volume for about 3 months. Now it isn’t working the volume. I cleared the remote code, entered the 11756 code. The remote powers on the tv and works all the Roku functions but, still no volume. What am I missing.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

18K Messages

2 years ago

A little searching around these forums will tell you that this was an unfortunate side effect of the last TCL TV firmware update (it also affected another brand that uses the same hardware/software platform).

I am unaware of any ETA for a fix.  You might want to check with TCL for any updated information.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I had the same problem, but I just programmed the remote to RF instead of IR and now volume and mute work on my TCL television.

To do this you need to go into the program remote under settings, and then advanced. There is an option for IR/RF setup. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

rtgc2003

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Entering  Dynex as brand worked for me !!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Wow, thanks for the quick turn around on this response!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My Roku Sharp experienced the exact same problem. Everything works with my Directv RC65...EXCEPT volume and mute. Happened overnight! Does anyone else have this issue? What is TCL and where do I loudly complain to them??

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

2 years ago

Everyone using the Roku platform has the same issue, regardless of the brand of the TV. Contact customer service for Sharp if you want confirmaion. there is nothing DirecTV can do about this problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

As noted by someone else, there was a software update from Roku/TCL that eliminates this function. Go online to TCL and find their phone number to complain
tgreaves

Former Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

for TCL issues, please visit https://support.tclusa.com/

If this reply helped you please use Accept solution to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020
airtas

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

Anyone hear anything from tcl? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

For programming remotes to TCL tvs try entering Dynex as brand. Always has worked for me.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Don't know how far this will get but I have found a cheap solution to the faulty firmware. My problem started when I connected to the internet. Then I found the problem to be the faulty firmware. My solution : go to Walmart, buy a RCA Universal Remote  model RCR414BHE for $6.97. It programs to the Directv  "satellite" box and the TCL TV. Select SAT-CBL 51377, TCL TV 14398 ( worked on mine ). Both my remotes will work the older TV but will not work on the TCL. The new RCA Walmart special works the TCL. Problem solved cheaper than swapping the TV's.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Currently on TCL/Roku TV firmware 8.1.  Directv remote volume and mute work if point Directv remote at Roku remote and not TV (Roku remote also needs to be pointed at TV too). Seems the Roku remote acts as some sort of transmitter for volume and mute only.  Power and other “TV only” buttons work just fine whe pointed at TV though...  go figure, maybe 8.2 firmware due out in the next few weeks will fix it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Be SURE that when you program the DirecTV Genie Remote (RC73 in my case) you:

1) Press and HOLD the Mute and Select buttons simultaneously AND WAIT FOR THE LIGHT ON THE REMOTE TO FLASH TWICE.

2) THEN... Enter the code.

I effed up several times until I realized I needed to WAIT FOR THE REMOTE TO FLASH TWICE before entering the code.

Here's the full procedure:

1) Press and hold SELECT and MUTE keys for 3 seconds (until the visible green LED blinks twice)

2) Press the first digit of code.

3) Wait until green LED blinks twice.

4) Enter the rest of the code.

5) If a valid code has been entered, the green LED will blink twice.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Purchased a TCL model 32S327. My Directv remote is RC65X. Tried to program remote with 11756 but does not control volume, mute.  Is there another code for this remote/TV matching?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Thank you so very much! We have had our Tcl tv for a while and have had to use two remotes until I tried this and it worked! My 84 year old father in law thanks you too! 

Get started...

Ask a new question