Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, May 3, 2018 3:03 AM

How do I delete a recording while watching it in the new Genie UI?

I'm watching a recording and decided I really don't want to watch it and want to delete it.  I used to just press 'Back' and the option to delete was there.  In the new UI, I cannot find the option to delete.  How do I do it?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

2 years ago

Press the Left Arrow button next to Select Button, then press the Red button to bring up the Delete prompt. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I tried it and it did not work for me.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

2 years ago

@brownr26 wrote:
I tried it and it did not work for me.

Then something is wrong with your DVR, or you're not doing it right.  Works fine for me.  Perhaps you need to reset your DVR?

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I reset my DVR and it still does not work.  Perhaps you're not using the latest UI.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

2 years ago

Yes, I have the new GUI.  While viewing a recording you can easily delete it by simply pressing the left arrow to see the menu on the left side of your screen, then press the red button (not Record).  You'll be prompted if you want to Delete or not. 

• 

1 Message

Nope. I, like Brown26, have the same issue. Left arrow brings up the menu on the left that says Search, What's on now, recordings, etc. Recordings is selected as default. And red button does absolutely nothing.