Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

7 Messages

Mon, Feb 17, 2020 6:33 AM

How corrupt is this company?

I have been being charged $3 a month for at least three years for a whole home DVR. I only have one box and one tv in my house senses I have been here for the last thirteen years, so why do they keep charging me this even after I have brought it to their attention at least three times?

I was having trouble with my playlist doing all kinds of weird stuff like Recording shows that I’ve never put on the list duplicating shows to record in my Playlist manager selecting all shows so it would record the 1000 channel shows that would drain my Internet and such things.

So I brought it to their attention and their remedy was to sell me a 4K box. Not knowing any better when they came out to install this the technician was wondering how it was going to use his 4K box being that I didn’t have a 4K TV. This did however cost me $300 and still had the old box. I have brought this to their attention shovel times and they told me I was going to be reimbursed I never got reimbursed and they keep telling me that they don’t know how I will be reimbursed because it was a different department that sold me the 4K. I’m still out that $300 and it’s been 2 1/2 years so I ask how corrupt is his company!I’m still out that $300 and it’s been 2 1/2 years so I ask how corrupt is his company!!!

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 months ago

Genies require Whole Home service regardless if you can use it or not.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

7 Messages

it’s not a Genie.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

2 months ago

If you have a Genie, then Whole Home DVR is required. This is because it is DirecTV's Advanced Whole Home HDDVR. So it requires the service, including HD and DVR service. Even with a single TV, you still are supporting the 5 tuners of their Whole Home HDDVR, compared to the 2 tuners of a regular HDDVR.

Techs are not allowed to install the 4K Client if you don't have a 4K TV. So agent placing a 4K order was wrong, and so was tech if he installed it or left it there. A refused install at that time should have reversed the cost of the order within 48hrs. At 2 1/2 years after the fact, probably too late to remedy now on that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

7 Messages

First off it’s not a Genie. And second the tech didn’t install it or leave the receiver with me. I was told that he was and did explain the situation. He also told me that when At&t acquired Directv they wanted to change the formate of the DVR to their cellphone format. Tech told them that there was going to be problems with the compatibility they did it anyway and that’s why I was having the issues with my DVR. He also said that these issues were happening to most costumers with the HDreciver I hade and their remedy was to call those customers and sell them a 4K receiver like myself. Apparently most of his calls were just like mine as he said that he would do 3-4 a DAY!!

Again I ask HOW CORRUPT IS THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

What is the model of box?

Also, older HD boxes work just fine. They stay on the old menu software which is ok. The only big change that affects receiving service is that DirecTV has been shutting down the old MPEG-2 (SD only) feeds since April 2019. Nothing to do with a cell phone format.

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

You can Argue with me all you want the fact of the matter is as soon as AT&T acquire DIRECTV I started Having problems with my DVR. I am simply conveying what the tech told me when he came out to install the 4K box. And another factors they charge me $300 for that 4K box that never got installed and it was never reimbursed I have made several attempts at getting reimbursed several conversations on the phone with the same sales rep that sold me the first 4K even acknowledging what he had done wrong every time telling me that he had to talk to his supervisor he did not Authority to refund me my money back. And to this day I still cannot hook my receiver up to the Internet as my DVR will add shows to record on my series manager and selects ALL episodes to record. This makes the DVR record off the On Demand shows. I’m have Satellite Internet from Hughes net but you’re only allowed 50 gigs a month download.satellite Internet from Hughes net which are only allowed 50 gigs a month of download. This will deplete my download allowance in a Single day. This is a real problem with a real box with a real customer.This is a real problem with a real box with a real customer. Now if I lived in the city where I didn’t need satellite TV or for that matter DIRECTV that I would not have this problem because I definitely would not be a DIRECTV customer.Now if I lived in the city where I didn’t need satellite TV or for that matter DIRECTV that I would not have this problem because I definitely would not be a DIRECTV customer

That does disappoint me because for 20+ years I was a happy dIRECTV customer they only raise their rates one time and all those years and I had no issues whatsoever other than beer obvious rain or snow interference. It wasn’t until AT&T acquired this company did this company turn to (Edited per community guidelines)!

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

Conversations with the "same" sales rep? You get the next available agent when you call. If you are getting the same person over and over, then you are not calling DirecTV's customer service number but most likely some 3rd party retailer that outsources from them. That would definitely cause an issue.

To not record from On Demand you have to go into the guide and do a manual recording. This is something that needs to be improved in software. If you do it through the search option it will include both satellite and On Demand channels.

DirecTV boxes have nothing to do with a cell phone format, that was pure false info by the tech.

Never connect DirecTV to a metered/data capped internet, such as Hughesnet. Risk of going through data is too high. Only if you have a normal home internet that has unlimited (or a very high limit compared to satellite internet) would it be ok.

Rates have not been raised only one-time. They go through an annual price adjustment, which was happening for years before AT&T acquired them. Bases costs are not what it was years ago. That is just part of the TV industry. As long as networks keep raising their rates, then TV providers in turn must do that as well. That is what ALL TV providers have to deal with.

• 

7 Messages

Do you not have anything better to do with your time than to (Edited per community guidelines) me (Edited per community guidelines)!

Get a life and stay out of mine!

You are Obviously an AT&T plant That is on here only to spread misinformation and confusion to make your corrupt company look better. Fortunately there are plenty of customers that know better!

Now go away and find someone else to harass loser!

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

This is a public forum of other customers. So anything you post here is open for others to view and provide input. Though you may not like the information provided, it is given honestly. And I would hope you could keep this civilized and refrain from petty insults.

You would be wrong. I do not work for AT&T/DirecTV. Any actual employees have that noted by their user name. Though they do post on their own time, off the clock, and not in an official capacity. If you want official support you call DirecTV. And again I would make sure you are calling the actual customer care number, not a 3rd party or even AT&T store (as they only handle sending new orders to DirecTV, as they are not employees of the DirecTV side).

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

Do you not have anything better to do with your time than to (Edited per community guidelines) me (Edited per community guidelines)!

Get a life and stay out of mine!

You are Obviously an AT&T plant That is on here only to spread misinformation and confusion to make your corrupt company look better. Fortunately there are plenty of customers that know better!

What a rude and totally uncalled for response. The information @Juniper is giving you is both truthful and accurate. He’s actually trying to help you and you respond like that?

• 

7 Messages

go away Trolls

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

Those who have responded to you are not Trolls. We have provided information on how services work in relation to Whole Home DVR and a concern of install declined but order still open in their system which may explain why you had not been refunded.

You have be given guidance to call the correct DirecTV number, as since you were speaking to the same "sales agent" multiple times, you were not calling customer support. Either a 3rd party or perhaps an in-store agent on their own phone. DirecTV's actual customer support works like many other companies where you get the next agent available, as they do not have direct lines.

So calling DirecTV itself and verifying order is closed (not just install declined) or possibly submitting complaint on the 3rd party the order was placed through, would be ways to try and resolve the problem. As you claim this is from 3 years ago, it might be a loss cause, but this would be your last shot to make sure you are disputing through proper channels.

From your posts devolving into insults, and even your original post having a question that serves no purpose to resolve an issue, it appears at this point you don't want help but just want someone to listen to you complain. If you want actual help, those here will try an answer questions and give guidance. But if you just want a sounding board because you feel miserable and want other to share in it, then that is something I shall not entertain.

• 

7 Messages

You are obviously entertaining my posts as you have sent several replies into the four paragraph reply above this one

and you’re obviously an AT&T paid agent how else would you know all the specifics of this company and DIRECTV unless you were an agent of some sort and I’m sure paid to be on this forum to discredit customers like myself with real grievances and to not listen to what I have been saying and to contradict everything that I have said so please go away you (Edited per community guidelines)

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

I entertain constructive conversation, not pure toxicity. To answer your question to clear up any wrong assumptions.

To be clear, I do not work for AT&T/DirecTV. I am not a "paid agent" as you say. I am a long-time customer who has learned a lot over the years on how many things work. This is a public forum of other customers. As previously stated, there are some with the "employee" tag who post here on occasion, but they have disclosed this is on their own time as this is not an official support medium.

I am not trying to discredit anybody. I genuinely tried to help and give guidance where there some clear concerns with what you posted. Not only with the situation that sales agent put you in, but that it appears you were talking to either a pure 3rd party agent or an AT&T store as DirecTV to date has never had direct lines for their agents. Next call, next served, as is the nature of call centers for most companies.

I am sorry for the hassle you have gone through on this situation. There was no intention of hostility towards you, just trying to help as another customer. If you do not want help, then fair enough. But please keep it civil and leave the insults at the door. We may not see eye to eye, but I have kept this polite.

I will be around the forum to try and help. If you have valid questions or are in need of guidance, I may still respond. But if you just want to complain from here on out, no longer caring about resolution, then that is on you. I have posted truthfully and with good intentions.

PCDKgee

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

@hamblen88 is not wrong....

Immediately after ATT absorbed DirecTV the utility of the DVR software went seriously downhill. No one that actually makes use of the DVR can dispute that. As mentioned above, the search function is also badly broken. And specifying that you want only "first time" shows recorded seems to arbitrarily make no difference.

The latest insult is the appearance of multiple "Manual: ..." recordings appearing in the LIST - recordings that were NOT requested and which have NO connection to the current viewing practices.

I certainly can't comment on Hamblen88's DVR switch, the incorrect billing, or the Service Tech conversation - but I can make the assumption that nothing ATT is doing to this service is a benefit to the user.

Flame away if you like...

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

2.8K Messages

2 months ago

IF 5he 4k receiver wasn't installed or activated then the order should have been cancelled ( not the work order but the sales order) that's the only way to get a refund my guess is that it's still open to this day since the install techs can only cancel the work order not the sales order. The whole home dvr fee only gets attached to a genie. Replacing a dvr with a 4k receiver due to playlist problems makes absolutely no sense. DirecTV receivers have nothing to do with cell phone formats.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.6K Messages

Not installed, tech cancels appointment but you have to call to close the order itself. If the order were still open then that would definitely be a reason it hadn't refunded.

Whole Home DVR is only required for a Genie. But it only requires at minimum a HDDVR and a HD receiver to be added on, where it is an optional service.

So the OP would need to call DirecTV to verify if an open order is causing a limbo situation or not. Wondering what actual model number is currently installed. I would verify that against what is active on the account as well, in case there are any other conflicts.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…