Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
AuntAngie7's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Mon, May 20, 2019 3:23 PM

Closed

How can DIRECTV ads be disabled on children's channels?

When the channel is paused on Disney Channel when my nephew is watching Puppy Dog Pals, and then all of a sudden, there is an add for the stupid Kardashian show with pictures of them not appropriate for a 5 year old? We should 100 percent be able to request these ads be disabled on children's channels. Heck get rid of these paused ads altogether...

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

2 years ago

disconnect the receiver from the internet

but ads when paused is the wave of the future, and not just on directv

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

2 years ago

1. disconnect from the internet

2. watch your router and block the addresses

there are options

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
jhatcher

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

2 years ago

There are lots of threads on this forum with various levels of hostility. They are getting harder to find for some reason.

I don't accept that it is some wave of the future that can't be stopped. Perhaps on internet based "pay" stuff like Hulu and such. This isn't that. The people saying you can't stop it are likely good folks with the wrong reply. DON'T JUST ACCEPT IT. You need to call ATT.

ATT isn't going to see comments here. They are not likely to see any links to forums and such either. You need to call them.  That can make a difference.

Please call and make official your complaint.

directv tech support
866-412-8482

Disconnecting the internet works for now but is no solution since you lose on demand and more.

And who marked this solved ???? NOT

Scholar

• 

269 Messages

a year ago

@mdram4x4 

I'm curious, has anyone been successful in blocking these ads by way of their router? I know there is a program, some sort of a Raspberry Pi device that will block all incoming ads at the router level but I have not seen any info on whether it can block these type of ads.

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

a year ago

its a program you run a pi called pihole

it would depend where the ads came from

Get started...

Ask a new question