Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
A

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Jan 24, 2021 2:33 AM

Hooking current Direct TV Receiver to new Vizio TV

I am having issues connecting new Vizio  M-Series TV to current Direct TV receiver.  Any suggestions?

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

22.1K Messages

a month ago

In most cases you connect the HDMI cable from the DTV receiver to an HDMI input on the TV then change the TV input to that port then reprogram the DTV remote to the new TV.

What is the model number of the DTV receiver?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

a month ago

Well to give suggestions we need to know what these "issues" are. We don't know the problem you are experiencing until you tell us. In addition to describing the problem, please include the model of TV and your DirecTV box.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Direct TV receiver model # is HR54-500 and the TV model number is Vizier M55Q7.

Thanks!

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

I have followed all of the steps and am still getting an error message that there is no signal : HDMI2  Check if the source device is connected and powered on.  Or press the INPUT button to select input for the source device.  

Get started...

Ask a new question