Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Jan 14, 2020 6:00 PM

Headphone hookups for HD24-500

I currently use over-the-ear Sennheiser RF headphones with my HR24-500. I'd like to use something other than those, which work well but are bulky. What do I need to know to replace them with another brand or type; can be Bluetooth, WiFi or RF. What kind of connections are available on the HR24-500? What would I need to do to hookup Bluetooth or WiFi?

Thanks

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 weeks ago

DirecTV boxes do not connect wirelessly (bluetooth, WiFi, etc.) to headsets. You would need to connect a new headset just like you do the current one by fully wired into the audio, or using a "dongle" that connects wirelessly to the headset.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

The HR24 has RCA stereo audio outputs with composite and component video outputs and a Toslink fiber optic output for Dolby digital so you need something with those inputs to connect the Bluetooth/WiFi transmitter to.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.

gary245

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

2 weeks ago

The HR24 series does not directly support wireless headphones. If you are currently useing wireless headphones, someone has connected an wireless adapter to the HR24, or it's working (wirelessly connecting) with your TV or soundbar and not the HR24?