Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
rlmyers

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Wed, Feb 19, 2020 12:27 AM

HDMI Control Bug, HDMI does not pass thru on DirectTV Genie

My equipment is all HDMI connected into my AVR (Streamer, Bluray, HR44, etc) inputs.

Most of the time I watch my equipment with the AVR off. I do not want all that loud surround sound. With the last Direct TV update in Dec, the Genie no longer switches back to it's HDMI when changing inputs between devices. All the other equipment changes HDMI input with the AVR off without issue.

Before that update it worked perfectly!

For me to get back the Direct TV HDMI input signal, I have to turn on the AVR and select the Direct TV input. Then I can turn off the AVR and watch Direct TV through the TV's Speakers. However if I cange the input I lose the Direct TV HDMI. This is really annoying. There is a bug with the Direct TV HDMI control setting.

Responses

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

8 months ago

did you verify the settings on eht directv box?

or try it with a diff input on the avr?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question