Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 6:38 PM

H24 receiver compatible with non-SWiM LNB?

I've used H24/SL3 dish/legacy LNB for years at a remote cabin. All non-SWiM. I'm providing advise to friend (also a long-time DTV suscriber) to duplicate my setup.

You will continue supporting us legacy HD guys - right?

warcloudwells

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 months ago

As long as both the box and receiving dish are MPEG-4 (SD and HD capable), then you are fine. The H24 can use both the old and new setups.

DirecTV has been shutting down their MPEG-2 feeds (SD-only) since April 2019. So as long as it is still an HD capable dish, not like the old 18" round which is SD-only, then you are covered.

A note: All Genie setups, and the H25, are SWM-only and so cannot use older setups.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

@Juniper

Thanks for clarification....so a SWiM LNB with power inserter will work same as legacy LNB with BBand converter? Same SL3 oval dish, same satellite pointing procedure, same H24 receiver. Cool, I did not know that. Had assumed that a legacy receiver powered the LNB thru the coax. But it seems that the H24 can play both ways....?

I have only done legacy setups at home and on the road since DirecTV started broadcasting.

warcloudwells

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20K Messages

You are correct the receiver powers the LNB on the legacy system it sends 13v for the odd transponders and 18v for the even.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

Yes boxes H24 and older, which also includes HR24 and older, are designed for the old system but can work on SWM as well.

Only starting with the 1st Genie (HR34) are boxes SWM-only. The latest HD non-DVR (H25) is also SWM-only. So those boxes cannot use the old system that you have.

So your legacy system is ok for the service because it is still MPEG-4 (HD capable). It would only have to be replaced if you got any models higher than your H24.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com