Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
H

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 11:59 PM

Genie upgrade, get old data

I just moved and got genie upgrade. I saw the great idea to photo or video the series mgr data but I missed the opportunity. My question is can I disconnect the new dvr and connect the old dvr temporarily to display the series mgr data to take photos? Or will there be a compatibility issue?

Responses

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

a month ago

Yes you can do that 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

a month ago

Maybe, if the old one is a Genie it may be already be deactivated as DTV only allows one per account.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

a month ago

What are the models of the old boxes, which ones are new, and which is the one with the old data you want to look through?

It might be possible, if the old box has not be deactivated. Also want to make sure you are not ending up replacing boxes that work with the Genie.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Thank you for your help nabukl and shannon02. Nabukl gave me the sanity check that I can connect my old dvr and take pics and video of the series mgr pages. But shannon02 warned me if the old dvr is a Genie it may be already be deactivated as DTV only allows one per account. So I was concerned that dtv may disable my old dvr if I connect to it. So I only connected hdmi to another port on the tv. No connection to dtv. I was able to see and photo and video the pages of my old series mgr. What I didn't expect is that all the old series and movies would also be playable. So I just left them both on hdmi1 and hdmi2. I'm watching all the old recordings while the new genie is recording new stuff. I love it. Thank you.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

a month ago

Great that it is working for you now. That the box is still working, means it hasn't been deactivated yet. You would need to call DirecTV when done with it so you don't keep paying for an additional TV beyond what you use.

Though just make sure you do not replace any regular HDDVR (HR20 thru HR24, and special R22) with a Mini Genie Client. That way you don't lose capability.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Get started...

Ask a new question