Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Fri, Jan 17, 2020 3:51 PM

Genie Stopped Offering Option to Delete After Viewing

In the last few weeks, one of our DVR receivers stopped giving us the option to delete now or don't delete after viewing a recording. We have to go out and then go into the LIST and individually delete. I contacted Direct TV Support and the answer I received is that because my Genie is only 45% full, that the option is gone. This is baloney. It didn't used to matter how full the Genie was. I received a Case # and am eagerly awaiting their response. I see that this is a wide-spread issue being reported. I have a HR44-500 model.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

3 months ago

Is the recording saved on the HR44 itself or another DVR?

Are you missing the option from the box itself (locally) or from another DVR or Mini Genie Client (remotely)?

I would agree that how full the DVR is should not matter for this situation. I would try a full resync of the boxes networking with each other in case this is a communication error. Red button reset the HR44, then any Clients (WVB first if you have any wireless models), then any regular HDDVRs/HD non-DVRs. Make sure reset on box has finished before moving to the next in the chain. This is because the Genie works as a server for the Clients, but shares Whole Home DVR with any actual receivers you have as well. I would also use www.directv.com/refresh to refresh the service authorizations in case it is just a small software hiccup with permissions, just so all bases are covered.

Verify coax to each box is finger tight first, just so they are not losing any key information.

(edited)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thanks for the response. However, I only have the HR44. I have done the red button reset at least four times. The reset temporarily fixes the issue (i.e., the prompt to delete or not comes back). But the next day or sometimes even after a few hours, the issue returns. There is a programming glitch. I see others posting on the internet about having this exact issue. Direct TV is not responding.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

I also have an HR44 and have not seen this issue.

What software version do you have?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

0x12dc, Service 2 updated on 01/08.
lyradd

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

3 months ago

I've been dealing with this issue for MANY, MANY months. I also have an HR44/500, software ver 0x12dc. This issue is intermittent and I have no idea why it starts or why it stops happening. I didn't have this issue until the GUI was changed last year (I think that was last year).

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Direct TV claims that I am the only one having this issue, even though a simple Google search shows otherwise. Their Customer Service is a joke.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…