Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
M

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Jan 23, 2021 1:21 PM

Genie receiver

What does the setup for a genie look like?

Responses

goldw1800

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

a month ago

HR-44 & HR54 Connect to a TV --the HS 17 has no (HDMI) or ant video out put to connect to any TV --it sends out Pic & audio to Clients that connect to a TV 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

25.6K Messages

a month ago

What are the models of each box you have now? That will determine how a Genie setup may be for you.

Genie (HR34, HR44, HR54/HR54R1) is the Advanced Whole Home HDDVR. Goes on a TV like a traditional HDDVR receiver.

Genie Lite (H44) is a non-DVR version. Can receive full DVR functions with a DVR upgrade kit, which is just a DirecTV specific external hard drive. Not sure if this is still available.

Mini Genie Client (C31 and up). Not a receiver, but an extension of the Genie. Shares tuners and recording space, but is a smaller box because of this. There are both wired and wireless models, plus a single 4K model (wired only).

Genie-2 (HS17) is a Headless Server tower. Unlike a traditional receiver, it does not go on a TV. Just feeds all the Clients. Since it is a Client-only system, forbidding other receivers from being on the account, many find it too restrictive compared to a regular Genie setup.

(edited)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question