Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

tvperson1

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Thu, Sep 18, 2014 10:00 PM

genie Like to add s-video via video Converter

Help genie hr 44 dvr it's without s-video I've hookup Magnavox 500GB HDD Dvd recorder 535h using A composite video I prefer s-video I used dvd+r Media for dvd recordings. My First  pick get A Component  to Composite w/ s-video Converter My 2nd pick HDMI to Composite RCA/S-Video Converter what you recommend their are tons of Converter's to choose from Any suggestion's. , reply soon:smileyinfo:

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

joed32

Guru

• 

892 Messages

6 years ago

I use those because of some problems with HDMI connected and the receiver not allowing me to output on composite at the same time. The box thinks it's component so it works. The converter works very well and like litzdog said, Monoprice is a company you can trust. To me the output looks just like composite though. The H25 might be a better solution for you.

joed32

Guru

• 

892 Messages

6 years ago

I record to DVD recorders quite a bit and just use composite, that's the best you're going to get.

tvperson1

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

I dislike composite yellow video due not as sharp s-video offers. Please I ask what Component  to  s-video Converter's To pick what model And store you recommend reply soon.:smileyplus:

joed32

Guru

• 

892 Messages

6 years ago

So you think converting the "yellow" video to s-video is going to make the picture sharper?  It's not going to change it at all. It would just allow you to hook it up to the S-video on your recorder but it will still be the composite image.

lappa

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

6 years ago

either way, S-video is a standard definition cable and you will not get HD picture out of that.  You would be silly to think otherwise.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.4K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, but it's possible that the s-video SD signal downconverted from the HD component video signal will be better than the composite signal. Only way to know is to try it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lappa

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

6 years ago

He mentioned converting from HDMI to composite/s-video, why convert away from HDMI for a lower quality picture?

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

6 years ago

Because you cant record to a DVD-R with HDMI

tvperson1

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the help, I just what ask worth getting Component (YpbPr) to Composite Converter # 7114 at monoprice convert genie component to s-video for my dvd recorder.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

6 years ago

I've had good luck with Monoprice audio and video converter products.  I haven't used that specific converter, but you should give it a try.   If it doesn't meet your requirements, you can always return it.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
tvperson1

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the Help, I May Buy monoprice Component (YpbPr) to Composite Converter # 7114 link to GENIE Dvr, my concern I read some reviews that the 7114 Converter It May failed.

tvperson1

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the good answers were helpful So able record dvd's with s-video quality, I will consider pro's and cons Of both options the h25 receiver Looks like Has S-video in the back of it, Next monoprice Component (YpbPr) to Composite Converter is Best choice but checking monoprice website  in small images below the picture of 7114 convertor theirs s-video port and s-video mention Description text below the pictures.

shannon01

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

6 years ago

There is no S-video outputs on any HD DTV receivers the output that looks like one on the H25 is for the component/composite dongle . 

tvperson1

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for explaining the h25 only has A component dongle port no s-video, I Will look for Component  to Composite Converter's that I like ,Thanks all the good reply's I not need any more help.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

I often need to use an online video converter. What can you advise? I use this tool now here https://onlineconvertfree.com/converter/video

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

18.7K Messages

@Flexdirection

Start a new thread and include the specific models of your DirecTV equipment that you are trying to use with an online video capture device. This thread is 6 years old so don't want you to be mislead by info that may be outdated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…