Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jan 24, 2020 2:22 PM

Dvr not booting up

My DVR will not turn on and freezes when it does come on. I have rebooted my DVR about 4 times. I have even unplugged it. I got this Diagnostic Code: 21=76=982

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

3 weeks ago

With that issue and error code, it appears the hard drive has conked out and cannot properly initialize. What model is the box?

Call DirecTV for a warranty replacement. It is $19.95 delivery, or covered if you have their optional equipment protection plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@Juniper Model : HR24-200 We unplugged it over night and today it will not even come on. It is dead.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

Definitely warranty replace it then.

Be prepared that agent may offer an upgrade as an alternative, but that is optional. If you do consider an upgrade, before you do so check back in the forum confirming models of all boxes so that experienced customers can give guidance. Just to be sure you get what is best for your personal setup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

43 Messages

It is to sad that a Directv Tech cannot come out and replace like ATT U-verse does at no charge. I do know our local Satellite Installer is partially on DIRECTV payroll w some health insurance, but an independent installer at the same time. He drives a plain white truck with no markings.

ATT DIRECTV saves $$$ by subcontracting out.

ATT is still trying to re-coupe losses from 2018....long story short.

(edited)