Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Jan 12, 2018 10:25 PM

DVR Lists Not Showing- Whole Home

Setup- H24 DVR, H44 DVR, H25 x5

Two DVRs in whole home setup.  The DVR playlists only show up on the DVR receivers themselves, they do not communicate with any other room in the home.  The H25 receivers show "No networked DVRs found" and no list, no other option except to "OK" out of the screen.  I have refreshed all receivers through DirectTV online, reset all receivers with red button, unplugged each of the DVRs for two minutes and reconnected, unplugged the dish power supply and reconnected, and reconnected the internet conection to the H44- none of these were successful in resolving the missing playlists and communication issues between the two DVRs and the remaining receivers.  The H44 recordings are only visible on the H44 TV and the H24 recordings are only visible on the H24.  No other receivers have access to the recordings including H44 to H24 and vice versa.  Additionally,  all DVR recordings are set to allow sharing, deleting, and recording from all locations in the home.  This is an ongoing issue and is becoming frustrating as the way I understand we should be able to access all recordings in one list on all devices.  Any help?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.5K Messages

2 years ago

First a clarification. Is that the 2nd generation Genie (HR44) or is it the Genie Lite (H44) with the DVR upgrade kit (Directv external hard drive)? Just want to make sure the correct model numbers as all DVRs have 'R' in the model number, with Genie Lite being the one exception as it can become similar to the HR44.

I would reset the Genie first. Once completed than your other DVR. After that reset each of the non DVRs to recognize the DVR's fresh connection. Check the status on each box after the reset: Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Whole Home > Status. Want to see if they show both network DVRs found or not and if they show playlist sharing is on. This may help narrowing down if it is the network between the boxes or a specific box is the issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

HR44-700
HR24-100
H25-500 x5

Reset HR44, then HR24, then all H25. Complete playlists returned from both
DVRs to all rooms. Was there a communication issue with one of the H25
that would have basically interrupted the entire whole home connection?
Thanks for your help.

Joshua
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.5K Messages

2 years ago

Glad it is working. Something was out of sync. Resetting the Genie and regular HDDVR refreshed the info that they were sending, and resetting the H25s allowed them to clear out any old info in memory that may have changed by refreshing the other two. Unknown the exact cause.

Assuming you have a SWM 16 based on the 12 tuners you have (5 Genie, 2 regular HDDVR, 1 each non DVR). If down the road you replace enough H25s with regular HDDVRs where your total tuners exceeds 15 (16th is reserved to the deca for the system) then it will require some additional updates to your SWM to support that many DVRs sharing instead of just shipping a box. Just a heads up if that is a future plan of yours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the information and the help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am unable to view the whole DVR listings, only half of it comes up, how do I fix this?