Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Mar 25, 2020 12:08 AM

DVR is stopping and get frozen after 10-15 minutes

Our DVR started to freeze after 10-15 minutes, and then we reset, it works for another 10-15 and gets the same error. A technician came here, in theory fixed but the problem is back. He said someone was going to reach out to us to send an equipment or sort of the thing and that never happened. I need help, we are without TV since Saturday.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 months ago

Try a full power cycle (unplugging power for at least 20 seconds). If that doesn't work call DirecTV for a warranty replacement. That is $19.95 delivery, covered if you have their optional equipment protection plan. Just be prepared for long hold times as many call centers are closed temporarily.

Tech saying someone else was going to reach out was just wanting out of there. If during tech visit box needs to be replaced, they do it if they have the box on hand. Otherwise you call DirecTV to have a replacement shipped.

Some agents may offer an upgrade as an alternative, but depends on your setup if an upgrade would be better or not. What are the models of each box you have, including the problem one?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

I have the maintenance package. He should have switched to a new one. It's a tough time to get attention from DirecTV.

I did several power cycles but will do once again.

Thank you so much!

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

If you already reset and a full power cycle then no point in doing again. Assuming actual DVR, and not a Client which is an extension of the Genie DVR. Then Genie first and only when complete the Client.

The tech should have swapped the box, if they had like for like on the truck. Nothing to do with the Equipment Protection Plan (EPP). The EPP simply covers the cost of the service call, or delivery if you get a box shipped to you. Though most people I think don't use it enough to make it worth it, as that much use of it means something is very wrong.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

I did it again and did not work...called then and they are sending a new box. TY!Thank you

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

Glad you got through and a warranty replacement is on the way. Just check any order confirmation and the boxes upon delivery to ensure "like for like" and not an upgrade.

• 

5 Messages

DVR arrived, I was able to replace it, all working but one thing: we have a special channel: 2134 and it’s not available. It’s going up to 2119 and then to 9501. Does someone knows why? Is there anything I can do?

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

What is that channel? 2134
Ok just checked that channel is globo which requires an international dish, make sure your dish configuration is correct via the repeat satellite setup menu

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

yes, we have two dishes and both are working but how do I force? I used to have several more channels in between.

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

@rsm1980, you have to change the dish configuration by going to repeat satellite setup from the main menu, change the dish type to international and continue this will verify configuration and download the guide.