Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Jan 23, 2020 2:03 AM

DVR Auto Prepare Setup Question

I am attempting to use the auto prepare feature on the DVR for the first time, and I have a question. I have read that you need at least 15% free space on the DVR. I currently have about 17% free space. My question is this: Do the prepared shows take up more space, for example if I have 17% free and it says I need at least 15 % free, when it is done preparing all my shows, will I be left with only 2%, or will I still have 17% free. Sorry if it is confusing, it makes sense in my head. Thanks.

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

4 weeks ago

DVR functions the same regardless if you have 10%, 50%, or 80% in use. The only concern is as it approaches full, just like a traditional computer's hard drive, is that it may start to slow down. Also once full, new recordings will start overwriting your old ones.

And to avoid any confusion or wrong expectations, a DVR does not have Autotune. That is a feature only of non-DVR receivers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thank you for the reply, but my question was about the auto prepare feature for downloading my DVR recordings to watch when I am not at home, not autotune.