Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Aug 7, 2017 9:58 AM

Does the hd-dvr receiver have Wi-Fi capability?

Does the hd-dvr receiver have Wi-Fi capability?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

3 years ago

Only the HR44, HR54 and HS17 Genies have WiFi built-in.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

3 years ago

what model?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

3 years ago

If you mean WiFi to connect to a wireless internet router of your internet, then only 3 models have it built in: HR44, HR54, and the HS17. All other HDDVRs need the wireless cinema connection kit (CCK) accessory. If you have one of the 3 models built in, it provides the connection for all your boxes.

If you mean a wireless connection to connect Directv boxes without having to wire in every room, only the HS17 (Genie-2) has that built in to connect to Wireless Mini Genie Clients (model C41W). The original Genies (HR34, HR44, HR54) can use a wireless video bridge (WVB), which is wired in itself, to then connect to C41Ws wirelessly. This is a proprietary wireless network for Directv equipment only.

Directv can only connect to your Directv router, or certain Directv boxes, by wireless. No other non-Directv equipment is capable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com