Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Nov 2, 2019 7:18 PM

DISTORTED PICTURE, PICTURE FREEZING

HAVE A LOT OF CHANNELS WITH DISTORTED, PIXELS MESSED UP AND FREEZING.  NOT ON ALL CHANNELS BUT ON A LOT LIKE 231, 245, 247, 206, ETC.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

5 months ago

@Thefooz1 wrote:

Randomly today some of my channels started working very poorly and some are completely fine.  I ran satellite transponders test sat 101 and both inputs both came out the same.  1-8 95 98 96 0 95 95 96 95.  9-16 95 96 96 89 96 94 96 95    17-24. 96 0 96 95 96 95 96 96.   25-32 97 0 97 0 96 96 97 96.   Is my dish out of alignment?  Or is their a simpler fix?

Others have posted that DirecTV acknowledged it's a satellite issue that they're working to fix ASAP.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53K Messages

5 months ago

@BIGsis wrote:

Sitting here watching pixel jumping all over tv. Error codes 72-111 and 72-999.

It's not affecting all HD channels, just channels broadcast from their satellite at 99ºW.  DirecTV acknowledged it's a satellite issue that they're working to fix ASAP.  In the meantime, you can set the Display Options to "Show All Channels" to see the SD channels and view the standard definition version instead of the HD channel.  [MENU > SETTINGS > DISPLAY > PREFERENCES > GUIDE CHANNELS: SHOW ALL CHANNELS]

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Is this happening again (1/2/20). I have good signal strength on 101 - in mid 90s - but 99(a) and 99(b) are n the 20s and 30s. It's affecting 206, 207 and 209. ESPNU (208) is fine.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

579 Messages

5 months ago

All,

Similarly to what @litzdog911 noted, we have been informed that our developers are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it, ASAP.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you may want to unhide SD versions of impacted channels. Additionally, you should be able to stream content on the DIRECTV APP or directv.com/.

Thanks,

The AT&T Community Team

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

579 Messages

5 months ago

All,

We have received notification from our developers that this HD Pixilation issue should, now, be resolved. If you do continue to experience it, please let us know.

Thanks!
The AT&T Community Team

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

• 

1 Message

I continue to have this issue daily. I have been having it for MONTHS. I called and they replaced all of my equipment. Nothing changed. I am still having this pixelation issue on a daily basis. Given what we pay for the service it should not take months to address.

• 

2 Messages

this is becoming a pain in my arse! Get this resolved

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

I had an issue on sat night..... worked fine all day til about 8pm I received the error message "searching for satelite 771" but had a picture on tv with DVR (all other receivers appear to be working fine)
I tried resetting with the red reset button still had picture going in and out with error message "771" appearing on occasion including an error message stating to order for pay per view on a non pay per view channel. I tried unplugging to reset twice the picture finally got better but still had pixalated picture now and again. Sunday the picture was fine til around 8 pm again and had a slight pixalation issue again but not as severe as saturday night. the cables appear to be connected correctly and screwed in tight.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I have a channel (ESPN) that is pixel-ating.  what can be the cause? it started about 2 months ago, and doesn't do it all the time.  Does not appear to be weather related.  We don't have the problem on other channels at the same time.  What types of things can I do to troubleshoot this here before placing a service call?

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

Randomly today some of my channels started working very poorly and some are completely fine.  I ran satellite transponders test sat 101 and both inputs both came out the same.  1-8 95 98 96 0 95 95 96 95.  9-16 95 96 96 89 96 94 96 95    17-24. 96 0 96 95 96 95 96 96.   25-32 97 0 97 0 96 96 97 96.   Is my dish out of alignment?  Or is their a simpler fix?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

The ESPN channels are breaking up on me this morning other channels are fine.  I  live in Waco , are others having this problem?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

I'm currently on hold with tech support (for a half hour now) and I have been unable to speak to a human representative. Please note both of the ESPN channels are scrambled in reception.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

ESPN channels are breaking up some, are others having this problem?

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

5 months ago

I came here to see if others are having this issue.

It's seems like it is every other channel.

Unfortunately the K-State vs KU game starts soon and can't see on FS1.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Yes, all channels except local channels are pixelating as of 2:00 p.m. in Katy, TX

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Yes.  All channels except local channels are pixelating as of 2:00 p.m. in Katy, TX.  Tried a reset but that didn't help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

I am having trouble with about 18 channels in the 200 range of channels.  I reset the receiver but it is still having the issue.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Any hope this will be resolved before my husband wants to watch the Auburn game at 630 central time 

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…